The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Worst winter storm of the season.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM

Rather have the snow than that darn ice like we got Tuesday into Weds that knocked out the power in a lot of NE Oh.Don't think any schools were open that day. I was out 17 hrs running my generator so not to loose the food which I could of just put outside being cold enough, but my wood stove keeps the house warm but no water but others further north by the Lake Erie still didn't have power yesterday. Even power crews (here's to you ) from western Pa came to help with the mess. Feb was below average in temp and now we are getting the crap Monster Wagon mentioned. Having a clean car was the last thing on my mind.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Hey Al Gore...

Where's my Global Warming?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM

We're supposed to get 4-6 inches here in Nashville tonight. It's been a mix of rain and sleet all day so far. This city shuts down at the mere mention of snow, and a light dusting might as well be a full-out blizzard to the locals. So 4-6 tonight should be fun!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Durock
Today, in north Florida, we're going to have to take boats to work. But, it's 57 outside with an expected high just south of 80.

P.S. While Phil did see his shadow, that was three weeks ago. So, only 3 week left, right?
But did you survive the high winds? I saw a picture of the home damaged by a tornado in Tally and the damage in Lake City.

I'll have to call my dad in St Louis and see how it's going. I don't remember every getting more than an inch or two of snow at one time. That is, except for Jan 30-Feb 1, 1982 when we got 22 inches in a 3-day period.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
But did you survive the high winds? I saw a picture of the home damaged by a tornado in Tally and the damage in Lake City.
The Tally damage was on St Augustine, Appalachee pkwy and a sub division to the NE of there. I just missed driving through the middle of it (5 minutes max). The trees, down power lines and damaged houses started about 200 yards east of the corner at Blair Stone rd and St. Augustine. No one saw a tornado, but the path of all the damage could have been nothing else. It happened around 7:45'sh, during the heavy part of the morning commute. Kind of awesome that no one got hurt.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mobster wagon
I'm saddened by the fact no one has assured me that Spring is just down the road........

Must I go visit "another" forum to acquire my much needed solace and reassurance?
SPRING WILL BE HERE!!!! Okay, all jokes aside it's supposed to be like 9 here tomorrow morning. Tuesday calls for 50.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
Rather have the snow than that darn ice like we got Tuesday into Weds that knocked out the power in a lot of NE Oh.
Actually, I did not think the roads were nearly as bad Tuesday driving home from Richfield to Akron - as they were today - I-77 was a just wet on Tuesday, but a sheet of ice today :-(

When I went to leave work Tuesday, I literally spent 10 minutes chipping ice off of the windows so I could see ;-)

Some random pictures of what was a "freeze dried" HHR - and some very resilient trees at work...

Icy HHR

Icy Trees

The trees DID recover, they looked fine yesterday (Thursday)

Jim
Old 03-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by wingfeather
I use to live in Los Angeles & wouldn't go back there. I'll take the snow over the real estate market, earthquakes, mud slides, fires, crime, and a-holes.
Hope the surfboard didn't hit you too hard in the butt as you left the state!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TomR00
Call me nuts, but I wish we had snow like that during the winter.

You're nuts.

Your desire for snow like that is why they invented planes and travel lodges.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:37 AM

It missed us Wish I could say the same for the higher gas prices Leaving for the Fort in an hour

Quick Reply: Worst winter storm of the season.....