Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

'07 HHR tune up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 AM

Question '07 HHR tune up...

I need the gauge measurements for the spark plugs on my '07 HHR and I don't have much free time to really dig for it. Does anyone know what we need to gauge the spark plugs?

Also, is there any air filter for an HHR that's super good for the model? I've heard of stories where some types of air filters really help on gas milage - and I've turned a 23k mile HHR into a 60K mile HHR in 12 months...

Aaand one last thing...lol. My brakes are squeaking and my wheel is shaking when I brake going down a hill at speeds of 35 mph or more. We took the wheels off to do the brakes and my pads look real good, not even CLOSE to needing to be changed out... The rouders (probably spelled that wrong) look good as well. After putting everything back on, the squeaking stopped for about 3 weeks and has come back and the shaking of my steering wheel has also come back... What's with my HHR?

As you can tell, I'm having lots of things happening at once with it. I love this car, one of my favorites, but it's starting to drive me crazy!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM

For the air filter, clean is the best you can do. I've never heard of one that will give you better mileage, although I'm sure some will claim that.

For the brakes, visual look at the pads and tell you how much "meat" is left, but be sure to look where the indicators are in referance to the rotors, that is what you actually have left that is useful.

You will need to have the rotors and/or hubs calibrated to see what is left, the diferance is so minute you won't be able to tell with the naked eye, if you can, then you really need work.....

SOrry, don't know the spark plug gap. But if you pick up a replacement set of irridums, you won't have to gap them. They should be pregapped, but a quick check can verify that. You just don't want to break or damage the firing tip.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM

if you purchase 4 plugs randomly they may not be gapped correctly. but if you get the cashier at the auto parts store to find the ones for your car in the computer they should be pre gapped. also i just bought the new rotors. it is a very common problem with the HHRs and cobalts, gm must have went "low bid" on those