Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

30000 mile 2 year 489.00 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 PM

well here we go, i emailed the service department manager. i took your advice on being nice and suggested that i was overcharged and listed my reasons why. i'll keep you posted on how they handle this situation. thanks again to you all for providing the ammo for my argument.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

I wouldn't stop with the service manager. I would take it up with the general manager and Chevrolet Customer Service. They essentially charged you for services that were not and could not be performed. I would go back and demand to see where in the HHR shop manual ANY of those services are specified at that or any mileage on the car.

Once you're done ripping them a new one, never go back there for anything.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Does this Freeway Chevrolet joint have an email address?!?!?!

I say every forum member on ChevyHHR.net send them a brief email stating that their predatory service dept practices have been exposed on the internet's #1 Chevy HHR enthusiast website!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:01 PM

take it easy there cowboy!!! :) i sure appreciate your support ladies and gents, just got off the phone with service dept manager. he fully agreed there was an overcharge on my service visit. he is reviewing the billing personally, will talk with the tech and service advisor and call me back today or tomorrow latest with the amount that i will be refunded. nice guy. glad i sent the email. thanks for the encouragement and i'll let you know how it washes out. phwew. guess i don't have to take my gas can down there after all
Old 01-26-2008, 10:46 PM

Well, it's done. my refund was 92.00. which is better than nothing but, i would definately call this experience a Buyer Beware to any phoenicians thinking of taking your ride to Freeway Chevrolet. do your homework, show up prepared, when they offer you their version of what a 30,000 mile service should be.... tell them no thank you and only perform what is needed for an HHR with 30,000 miles.... an oil change. or you know what? go somewhere else. it is unfortunate these days that you cannot trust a chevrolet shop to take care of your chevrolet and be honest with you on what it's needs truely are. but hey, this isn't the 50's. you have to be careful and educated about ordering a cheeseburger. so a lesson learned for me, and hopefully good info for all of you. my hhr continues to run flawlessly, i love the car. thank boodha they didn't mess anything up. thanks to all of you for your honest input and support, truely.. i really appreciate it.
matt b.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 AM

Okay, now that you got them to refund you some of it, can we start emailing them now to let them know we know they're predatory and not to be trusted?..
Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Just a little side note on the "Post Card" that was sent. I saw change air filter on it. I have 38,000 on mine and at last oil change, mechanic said still looking good but may want to think about at next oil change which will be over 40,000 miles.

Its amazing how some places change these crazy amounts for things, especially when looking at the post card that was posted most of the stuff was to "Look" at.

Looking at the bill posted, isnt amazing what the labor cost on this was
Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM

If that's what they charge for service, wonder how much a Stage 1 Kit would run (parts & labor)?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 AM

Think I'll set up a sign on my garage door.. 25 point scheduled insp service for $250!!
Then take the car down to Jiffy lube for $50 and BS with the counter girl while they put in cheap oil and filter and forget to tighten the oil plug......
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 AM

This is nothing odd for a dealer to do. Most will offer these services to unsuspecting people who don't under stand. Just like people who come in and pay sticker price for a vehicle.

They got my father at a Buick/Pontiac Dealer. Told him he would not make it home if her did not have his injectors cleaned at just over 30,000 miles. The car did not go in for a running issue. Also they told him he needed his tires balanced. He had the original Goodyear GA tires with 34,000 miles on them. They were worn to the wear bars. They went ahead and balanced them.

Once I found out I told my dad he should have bought new tires not balanced the old ones. I called the dealer and raised hell. I got his money back on the balance after I asked the service manager how 30,000 miles was average for a Eagal GA to be worn out. He said yes and I then asked why did you balance them. I then hit him on the Fuel Injector cleaning and got most of the money back on that.

Even today I had to have the GP in at another Pontiac dealer that repaied a small item that they had fixed before so it was covered. THe car is out of warranty now and they so happen now tell us both front hibs are bas as are the tie rods.

After checking them to reassure my wife neither are bad and I had no noise or exsessive play the car is fine at 60,000 milers.

With money tight at dealers this thing will come into play more often. It is nice all dealers are not like this but many are so best to be informed when dealing with repairs. It will save you a lot of money knowing what is needed and what is not.

Quick Reply: 30000 mile 2 year 489.00 ?