Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

12 days till the Mid-Cental Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM

This is getting to be like counting the days till Christmas! I've never done anything like this before so I may be getting a little too exited!

Trying to get both our cars ready but it seems like I keep finding more mods to do. Somebody please help!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding. Looking forward to meeting all of ya!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:19 PM

Yeshua
I am with you on this also, I can't wait! I hope my HHR will be out of the shop by then. I just came back from the Body Shope and I won't know anything for a few more days. I also am coumting the days, Does any one have a set of Horse shoes so we can play, or do you know if they will be there for us to play with. Just an Idea. I hope to bring my HHR with me or
I will be looking for a ride or I will have to drive my rental car.

Z-Man
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM

Hope they get it done so you can bring it along!

Mine has to go in now. Before anyone says so, I KNOW NEVER USE AN AUTOMATED CAR WASH!!!

That being said, I used one and it snapped off my antenna!!

The blower was working its way up the window drying the car and next thing I know that is a 'CRACK' and the sound of it rolling down and off of my car. went to two dealers and no one has the part in stock, big surprise there!

Hopefully it'll come in and I can get it fixed before the show.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM

I saw a thread a couple days ago about removing the antenna, and smoothing out the area. Do you use it? Got Xm?
Z-man`s Got a Ride!!! He`s a real knuckle head...
What made you go thru a auto wash? Haven`t gone through one of those since I lost a mirror back in '75...
Yeshua , didn`t you send the in-channel vents back? (window) Got mine today, even Mrs B/B aka Mrs. Cruck, likes them.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I saw a thread a couple days ago about removing the antenna, and smoothing out the area. Do you use it? Got Xm?
Z-man`s Got a Ride!!! He`s a real knuckle head...
What made you go thru a auto wash? Haven`t gone through one of those since I lost a mirror back in '75...
Yeshua , didn`t you send the in-channel vents back? (window) Got mine today, even Mrs B/B aka Mrs. Cruck, likes them.
I know car wash-bad, me-dumb!

I'd thought about doing without but ya never know when you might wanna listen to the radio. But I rarely listen to anything but xm.

Nope, got vents for both cars...love em!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:52 PM

Yeah, Got xm , sort-a disappointed. Thought it was commercial Free, sometimes seems, Music Free!!! But Good signal...
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM

Dudes, we got the spray type carwash close to get rid of the road goodies before the run...Horseshoes, we got a place in Peoria, for sure, but let me check about some place closer, I'll get back to you on that one...Anybody need to know anything else?...Pat
Old 08-02-2006, 04:48 PM

Oh and before I forget we are coming to the end of the day so tomorrow is "eight days and a wake up!" we are officailly "single digit midgets", just watching the short timer stick...Man, I spent too much time in the Army...
Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 PM

My question is.
Is that an easy fix or a major replacement, and the bad thing about the Car Washes is they have a sign on the wall before you enter. I have been in the Auto Washes but it was the Touch free. I have not tried the ones with the brushes. Do you think that they are all bad or what. I hope you get your repaired in time for the run, I hope mine will be.
Later and good luck.

Z
Old 08-02-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
My question is.
Is that an easy fix or a major replacement, and the bad thing about the Car Washes is they have a sign on the wall before you enter. I have been in the Auto Washes but it was the Touch free. I have not tried the ones with the brushes. Do you think that they are all bad or what. I hope you get your repaired in time for the run, I hope mine will be.
Later and good luck.

Z
I will be there, part is in. Thinking of trying to fix it myself. Only thing is is that the headliner has to be pulled to get to the bolt.

It was "touchless" except for the center dryer that dropped down. There was an option to not have it used but I didn't even think about it.

Quick Reply: 12 days till the Mid-Cental Run!!!