Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

The Big Run '07

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 PM

Maui, Australia...The HHR World Distruction Tour !!! I did like the Galena suggetsion, we could make that work, opinions. I am also doing some electronic checking of Branson today. I am looking at lots of things, and will investigate anything that you guys are interested. The Branson area seems popular with one faction, the Dells another, Galena sounds cool and Peoria too. I think we try to decide by the end of September and then solidify the rest of the planning. Who else is on this committee, so it doesn't seem like I am trying to move everyone else out? I will bring my findings of each location here as soon as I have them and then we can all weigh the pros and cons...but this is not my run, or a committees run, this is "OURS" we mind it happen once and we will make it happen again... Oh and before I forget, I e-mailed all of the sponsors and gave them our update and the added news that I took the remaining goodie bag stuff to the show we had at Caterpillar to give them twice the exposure!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:03 PM

I vote for Fandon, IL, the capital of Forgotonia!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:18 PM

Forgotonia

Old 08-29-2006, 04:15 PM

07 Run

There is a state park, Mississippi Palisades State Park for those who like to camp, just south of Galena.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:57 PM

heck yeah!

My wife and I love Vinnies Italian restuarant in Galena they have some of the best dang food I have ever had!! But i am italian so i may be biased!!!

When the moooon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that amoreeeeeeeeeeeee!!

sorry couldnt help myself
Old 08-29-2006, 05:48 PM

Talking Italian

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
My wife and I love Vinnies Italian restuarant in Galena they have some of the best dang food I have ever had!! But i am italian so i may be biased!!!

When the moooon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that amoreeeeeeeeeeeee!!

sorry couldnt help myself
Sing it Deano...lalala.mmmmmm
Old 08-29-2006, 06:32 PM

Well, things were going just fine, and now 'school is singing! How can we possibly survive this??? I am going to do some checking in Galena, as well as The Dells...Branson looks kinda' pricey, but there is an amusement park, lakes and the theatres, so I am looking at lodging costs. What kind of recreational things are you guys considering so I can check avaliability and costs?...
Old 08-29-2006, 09:08 PM

We've been to Branson a couple of times (we are also planning to go on Sept 15-16 and hopefully be with at least a couple of other Mid-Central HHR'ers!). My favorite thing to do is the Dixie Stampede. It's a Dolly Parton dinner/show featuring a "competition" between the North and the South! It's alot of fun, the foods good, a bit pricey but for both dinner and a show it's not too bad. We like going the the Duck's too! The one we rode on last time we were there gave a "Wacy Quackers"! It's a duck whistle that looks like a duck bill! I gave mine to my 19 month old grandson-he loves it! They have an antique train that you can ride on also. Liked that too. I just really want to meet some fellow HHR'ers and talk!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:24 AM

Where is this East Moline Place, from Chi-town?? North, south, east or west.
If we make it to the fall event, maybe you can join the THREE AMIGOS convoy. (FOUR AMIGOS are fine)
Old 08-30-2006, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Where is this East Moline Place, from Chi-town?? North, south, east or west.
If we make it to the fall event, maybe you can join the THREE AMIGOS convoy. (FOUR AMIGOS are fine)
From Chicago you take I-80 west about 160 miles. The Quad-Cities area (East Moline, Moline, Rock Island in Illinois and Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa are the Q-C, and I know, that's 5 but no one here can make up their minds!) It's right where I-80 crosses the Mississippi River into Iowa. We're pretty central here, 3 hours to Des Moines, 3 hours to Chicago, 4 hours to St Louis! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Fall run!