Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

regioanl run planning

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:44 AM

regioanl run planning

hey everyone in the mid-central, a few of us are working on a run for the region August-September time frame, are any of you interested, or would like to get involved in the planning? We are trying to pick a site and I think we need to have a decision made by June 1, 2006, so please e-mail your ideas. The places in the running so far...(1)Hanibal, Mo (fairly central to the region),
(2)House on the Rock area of southern Wisconsin, (3)Peoria, Illinois, my home, lots to do, and easier for me to work the logistics... I think we are all pretty open to suggestions, I think we need cruise areas, restaurants, lodging, recreation, so please forward your ideas and any other input that you might have...
Scaleguy (Pat)
Old 05-15-2006, 01:02 PM

I don't want offend anyone and I really don't want make anyone feel that they wouldn't be welcome.

That being said, shouldn't we only consider locations in the Mid-Central region?

https://www.chevyhhr.net/regional.php

Wisconsin isn't in our region.

Just my
Old 05-15-2006, 03:57 PM

so what if wis. isnt in our region come one come all I say!! if they wanna go than let them who cares!! Just dont think Im gonna drive my baby down some nasty gravel road to meet up there some where!!! LOL JK!!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM

hey scaleguy im thinkin since your takin care of most of the sponsers etc.. we should do it in peoria area and it also sounds like a central spot between st.louis and southern wis.!! if there is anything i can do within my power let me know!!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
so what if wis. isnt in our region come one come all I say!! if they wanna go than let them who cares!! Just dont think Im gonna drive my baby down some nasty gravel road to meet up there some where!!! LOL JK!!
Didn't say they couldn't come, I hope people come from even farther away!

I was just saying that we should have it in the Mid Central if its gonna be a Mid Central.

and oldschoolfreak, I agree with you, Peoria would be a great central local, though it would be farther for those in Kansas and Nebraska, if scaleguy is doin all the grunt work, it should at least be close to his haunts!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:02 AM

The Wisconsin issue came into play because TomsHHR was the first guy to mention a run, I just kinda' jumped in because I love this stuff. I am going to make my point for Peoria and then guys who want to offer another place should do the same and then we should decide by probably June 1, so we can move onto a date and really getting hot on sponsors cruise routes meeting places, lodging, food.
Peoria is central in Illinois but is a bit of a drive for the members in Nebraska and Kansas, but hopefully there is enough here to make it worth their drive. If we have the run in August, three of the Friday nights have professional baseball (single A Cubs affiliate) in a great ballpark, we have all types of bars, pubs, night clubs, riverboat gambling, a multitude of restaurants of every type and cost, tons of cruise nights in the area, many interesting and nice drives for cruise routes, a riverboat for non-gambling river cruises, one weekend has the Peoria TT Grand National motorcycle races with a weekend long street party in downtown Peoria, there is a small museum, a zoo and a ton of other stuff that we could get involved in. I would work with my dealership to see if they had any interest in involvement, maybe a Show and Shine in their parking lot, or I can contact the local park district to see about using park space for the main Show and Shine, maybe games if you guys are interested, or cookouts whatever. I can get a schedule of cruise nights in the area and we could hit one or more of those bringing some retro class to their nights, there is even a couple of 50's style diners that we can hit...Okay there is my presentation!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:35 PM

Thumbs up

scaleguy, you've got my vote.

I'm pretty much in the middle so anywhere would be fine with me. It seems that you're ready, willing, and able to do most of the footwork which is another big plus for Peoria.

Is there any interest from our western brethren?

I think you're right though we need to start making a decision for dates so that the events can be planned. Let me know if i can help at all.

Thanks for taking the lead in this!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Talking Run laps at Bristol

Ya know...while we're doing the planning for the run later in the summer, the thing in Bristol on the 10th would be way cool!!

Old 05-28-2006, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
The places in the running so far...(1)Hanibal, Mo (fairly central to the region),
(2)House on the Rock area of southern Wisconsin, (3)Peoria, Illinois.
Scaleguy (Pat)

It looks like we have a location suggested for 3 different runs..
Old 05-28-2006, 03:54 PM

I think for now we've decided on concentrating on Peoria, though the others will be great in the future.

We do need to pick one so that we can make final plans..

I'm tossing in the idea of meeting up in Bristol to do smoe laps as a last minute thing! No real plans just those who can, show up!

Scaleguy getting some things lined up for peroria though for an August fun I think.

Quick Reply: regioanl run planning