Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Shows at quarterly events or just the annual

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:14 PM

Question Shows at quarterly events or just the annual

Nova brought up a point in another thread and I really don't remember!

Are we planning on having a show, with trophies, at each quarterly event or just at the Annual event?

My brain was baked by the time we started planning and I can't remember.

If we do it at each event this will mean more work for each of those commitees. they'll need to line up sponsors, put together goodie bags, dash plaques, trophies, etc.

I'd love to do it as often as possible, just wondering if it will take away from the big event and if we can do it four or five times a year. I just thought that the other events were going to be more casual.

Which raises another question, is the annual considered one of the quarterlies?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 PM

Mike in the other thread it was just an idea. I will leave it up to each comittee to put together the event that they see fit. If we were to tie it together with the monthly feature it could be as simple as a computer generated certificate for class winners at the quarterly events and yes I thought the big event was one of the quarters. But you are correct in the fact that the BIG BASH as I have called it for the summer would be the trophy show.

This is just my idea to get more structure to the Mid-Central Region that has so kindly adopted me. I just want whats best for the region as a whole.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM

I agree we need a little structure if for no other reason so that the folks who are putting together each of the events know about what is expected.
  • Do we need to plan a show or just have a place for us all to gather to check out each others' cars and trade stories for the seasonals?
  • Should we limit each event to be actually IN the Mid-Central Region?
  • Do we need to plan activities or just a meeting place with a nice run planned?
  • Should the Big Bash be a seperate event from the other seasonal events hoping to draw HHR from all over?
  • How should we decide the "Ride of the Month"?
  • Do we need a lead person for the region, kind of a "club" chairperson? (hint, hint, Pat )
Just a few more questions! Have these questions been asked and answered and I'm just having a brain fart?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Talking Boo

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I agree we need a little structure if for no other reason so that the folks who are putting together each of the events know about what is expected.
  • Do we need to plan a show or just have a place for us all to gather to check out each others' cars and trade stories for the seasonals?
  • Should we limit each event to be actually IN the Mid-Central Region?
  • Do we need to plan activities or just a meeting place with a nice run planned?
  • Should the Big Bash be a seperate event from the other seasonal events hoping to draw HHR from all over?
  • How should we decide the "Ride of the Month"?
  • Do we need a lead person for the region, kind of a "club" chairperson? (hint, hint, Pat )
Just a few more questions! Have these questions been asked and answered and I'm just having a brain fart?
Hi Mike, I thought that the "big one" was the only "trophie" show. All others were to be "fun" rides. "Ride of The Month" I think should be by poll..the most votes...wins! Welcome to my world on the brain farts So many questions...so little answers........
Old 08-23-2006, 03:45 PM

I agree with Deerman, one big show a year is enough, but we could attack other shows in mass to take their trophies...I might have a show for us on the 10th of Sept. let me check on it and then let eveyone know!!! Now having given my opinion, I will support the majority if you want more trophy shows then I will gladly help put them on...where ever my help is wanted...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Mike
I like the Idea, but then again your right it would take away from the Big event. Some one like me and the Z-girls will not be able to attend a Run every month but Quarterly would be better for a lot of us who do not get every weekend off. I only get Sundays off and have to take time off and I don't mine that but if I go every month I might not be able to attend with the Zeeeee's if you know what I mean, as I stated on the 12th I now have a new Family and I would like to be part of the HHR Mid-Central family, So we will try and attend as much as we can. but I like the Idea about 3 times a year and have One Big event that would make it the 4th. What do you think.
We have 4 seasons, lets have four runs. Just an Idea.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Great, this is the kind of discusion we need!

It looks like we'll have three runs and then the main event. Of course this doesn't keep us from having g2g's when people just feel like a roadtrip! It just wouldn't be an "official" event.

So then the run comitees just need a place to park/meet, a run planned and maybe a place to eat and some ideas for lodging if anyone wants to spend the night.

Now what about the "Ride of the Month"?

Two people said it should be by poll. No one else has really been specific. I agree with using a poll.

One thought I has was that we could feature the cars who won the 3 classes at the main event for one month each and then the rest of the year have polls for each month. Or we could have one thread that featured all 3 winners. This way the winners could show off but it would also give a chance to some of us who may never be able to attend an event to be featured. There would be nine spots.

Or at each run, not the main event, one HHR could be picked that stood out, to be featured the next month. This would still leave 9 slots for the other months. The winners at the annual would have pics posted from that event anyway.

Or we could just do every month as a poll winner.

Any other suggestions?

I think this is a great way to really show off the nice HHR's in our region!

Should we have a single person who acts as a chairperson?

Should all of the events be in the Mid-Central?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Great ideas and discussion here. That is great and what we needed.

I hope my quarterly thing is OK with everyone. I am just trying to get it moving. That is what we talked about at the first run (thanks again scaleguy). What ever is best for the masses is what we all want. I just want to get the structure in place and leave it up to the group thats all. After all its YOUR region so SIGN UP if you have not already.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM

I agree with trophies only at the annual bash!! it is just to much to get put together with short notice like 2 months till the fall fling!! and i just found out at work today they poop canned 3-4 more guys in my department leaving me and 2 other guys to pick up all the slack!! working an extra 1-2 12 hour shift each week!!!
I myself am in this for the fun and meetin the loony toons like Z!!!, scale,nova and the list gose on and on Mike LOL sorry mike just a jab at your expence brother!!
I have been triing to contact a pr at j.c. whitneys (he was on vac. mond and tues.) so i will go down again on friday!! all I was wanting from them was it to be cool for us to fill their lot and browse their car junk and maybe get us all some freebie stuff!!!! maybee let the pr guy award a best hhr there that day or somethin simple!!
it sounds as though the big national meet has been moved back to 08 so!! maybee we can invite anyone in the country to our next years annual if they wanna come!!! just a thought!! later all! (the freak)
Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
it sounds as though the big national meet has been moved back to 08 so!! maybee we can invite anyone in the country to our next years annual if they wanna come!!! just a thought!! later all! (the freak)
You're reading my mind!

I'm hoping we can get the annual to a point where people will want to come from all over the country to it!

That's one reason why I think it would be great to start doing some prelim work on doing something with the speedway. If we could do something like that it would be cool enough to draw people every year. Especially if we can get access to the 1/4 mile track. How cool would it be to have a HHR only show-down on the dragstrip!

That one will take a lot of planning.....talking to the speedway, finding a charity, sponsors....

It would be a great location too. Close enough to the middle of the region for almost everybody. And it would get bigger each year! The event at Bristol we went to was incredible and it drew people from all over and it was put on by a Gold Wing club.

If it doesn't work out for that there are other places like Branson. Plus we need to look at some places in the western part of our region too.

Quick Reply: Shows at quarterly events or just the annual