Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Shows at quarterly events or just the annual

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:21 PM

Oh Hell Yes Mike!!!!

sorry Mike but now your talkin my kinda fun DRAG RACIN!!! there is rt 66 raceway in joliet but its big and usually full!! byron drag strip in Byron ill. and cordova by the quad cities, but i dont know if any would close them off for us only?? but i know for sure we could run them at byron!!! they let any and all race!!! there was a 70 yr old gal that used to run her lincoln town car there every saturday!! Mike are there any strips down by you???

I wonder if my hhr could pull my chevelle on a trailer!!LOLOLOL
Old 08-23-2006, 10:09 PM

The one I'm talking about is at St. Louis Internation Speedway. They've got the oval, a road race course and the strip. The strips been there since I was a kid. used to go with my dad. One of my heros growing up was Big Daddy Don Garlits!! Loved dragsters, funny cars were for punks who couldn't take handle the dragsters!! Rember the rockets cars, man they just shook up your whole inards when they went screaming by!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 PM

Here's a blast from the past for ya skool!

Saw these two hook up a few times! Had the HowWheels dragstrip set too!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 PM

Old 08-24-2006, 07:25 AM

Oh man, the Snake and Mongoose and Shirley Muldowney...Too cool!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:32 PM

Mike, I still have my snake vs mongoose hot wheel set pretty much the only toy from my childhood i still have in the box as well!! I played with that for hours and hours!!

I met shirley m. at a super chevy show in joliet 3 yrs ago and she is still hot for an older gal!! I have a 3x5 white drag racin banner with shirley,don gartlett,john force,kenny bernstien,Arnie the farmer beswick,don purdome,and many many more autographs on it!! I used to love goin to the big bud shoot out in indy, and events in chicago rt 66 race way park but in the last 6 years attendance at the big bud shoot out has gone from 15,000 to 250,000 and it just isant as fun and personal like it used to be!! you could talk with the drivers for 30-40 minutes then now its heres a scrible next!!

On the lighter side my wife was a big kenny bernstein fan and wanted him to autograph a t shirt of his she was wearin and he only stands about 5.5 so while he carefully placed his hand on her shoulder /chest i hollard out hey bernstein watch your hand or im gonna have to kick your lil ass!!( my sick sense of humor) and there was like 50 people standing around and he turned beet red and everyone laughed it was hallarious!!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Man I feel like 22 all over again. Looking at these photos.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Founding Member

Might your annual gathering have potential to become a National?
Heck, if timing is right and planning works out good, you may have others from all over attend! I would be interested in planing a vacation trek across the USA and make an HHR G2G a destination stop!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Might your annual gathering have potential to become a National?
Heck, if timing is right and planning works out good, you may have others from all over attend! I would be interested in planing a vacation trek across the USA and make an HHR G2G a destination stop!
ANY AND ALL Mid-Central events have national significance!!

Seriously though, we are hoping to draw from all over. The long range plans even more so if we can pull off what we're hoping for.

Be great to see you, Mr. B. and casper!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
Mike, I still have my snake vs mongoose hot wheel set pretty much the only toy from my childhood i still have in the box as well!! I played with that for hours and hours!!
Did you have the dragsters, funny cars or both? I had both but the body of the funny cars kept breaking off!

Quick Reply: Shows at quarterly events or just the annual