Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Winter Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM

Winter Run

Okay the Fall Run is Saturday so it must be time to talk about the Winter Run!!! I will open the discussions with suggesting a return to the World of Wheels in Chicago. We could grab grub at the Hard Rock or someplace like that...and I promise to stay with the group this time...hahaha
I am planning to have the "Minister" entered, in fact how about a group of us enter together, we can have a club type area, hang out, have a blast...
If you have other ideas let's hear them so we can get planning...
Pat
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM

I might like to. When exactly? Any pics of the event last year?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Chicago in the winter? Do they have any snow there? LOL. I might be interested. Chicago is about 7-8 hours from here, and that depends on how fast the 2.2 can get us there. A long four day weekend for the Missus and me. Could be a plan......
Old 10-05-2007, 04:45 PM

Any more info?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Ok he is what you are looking for.
Here is the Web page for the 2008 World of Wheels. Z-Man and the Z-girls will be there for sure.
:twothumbs

http://www.autorama.com/casi/chicago.htm
Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 AM

Well let's see...first handcuff me to someone...I tend to wander. We should pick a place to eat, maybe consider Navy Pier again or we could do the car show and go over to Hard Rock for chow? I am planning to show at this one and I really think that it would be cool to have a group of us set up a display area together...I am open to ideas, but we need to get this one solidified by November so people can start planning...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Okay for entry info to the World of Wheels you can go here

http://www.autorama.com/casi/chicago_entryinfo.htm

The date would be Saturday January 26, 2008. The cost is $50.00 and includes a years membership to the ISCA...which gets you discounted entry to other ISCA sanctioned shows, two adult passes and up to three kids passes. hotel discounts, etc.
We can do a club area so that we could display together and compete for club awards,keep in mind that this is a three day show with Wednesday or Thursday set up so please keep this in mind when planning to show.
Now let's have suggestions for chow or other activities. Hard Rock Cafe and Hooters is just a short taxi ride away as is Navy Pier and all of the restaurants there...
It can be realy cold so think about keeping outside activities to a minimum, but I am game for any suggetions...Z-Man you probably have the best ideas for the city so could you give some ideas?
Pat
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM

I would like to go, but just as a spectator. I wouldn't feel right about taking my HHR to this kind of a show in it's current state.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:18 AM

Panel, of course if you aren't going to show we would all still hang out, check out the show, have chow and whatever else the group can come up with...showing will not be the focus of the run, just another facet of it... plus dude you have a sweet panel already, you will never need to worry about having enough done to show it...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Scaleguy
I feel the same as 1Panel12NV, I can not show mine for 3 days and It does not look as good or as well as yours or RUDEINC, I would like to try and have a Winter run so we can do something and enjoy the day even if its a Winter BBQ or some thing that we can have Fun & Eat's if you know what I mean. This is just my Opinion. I know what ever the Mid-Central region will do will be Big, After all you guys have IT!

I'll wait and see what happens on the Thread. If I had a House I would offer a Winter BBQ at my place but I live in a Small 2 BR Apt with 5 in the family.

Da Z's will still be going to the World of Wheels no matter what.

Rudy

Quick Reply: Winter Run