Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

2008 Woodward Dream Cruise HHR Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Danko
I like HHRs but they have earned no rights to the Dream Cruise!
Ya, your right... I wonder why GM introduced the HHR SS at last years Woodward Dream Cruise. What a bunch of dummies (GM), having unvailed a fun "nostalgic inspired" fast and fuel efficient, 5 passenger cruiser at such an event.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:18 AM

Neither have Vipers, new Vettes, PT Cruisers, new Mustangs, SSRs, and according to some folks, anything foreign built regardless of age.

But since Woodward isn't closed for this event, all are in attendance.

Eastpointe's Gratiot Cruise has a dedicated classic car lane that you have to purchase a permit to be able to drive in.... however, only requirement is 25 yrs or older, which means a Citation qualifies. I'd rather look at a line of new HHRs than one 25 yr old Citation.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 AM

jst333 (Jeff), what is the location of the parking lot you have available to us and how many people could we have there?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Since I first posted this idea, I found out I'll be working that weekend, kinda of sucks. So I have'nt really pursued this, or tried to really organize it. But the parking lot is available to those who would like to meet up there. The address is 2840 crooks road rochester hills, Mi. We probably have around 30-40 spaces on are side of the lot. Sorry this was kind of a half-ass plan on my part, but I plan to make good for next year!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jst333
I found out I'll be working that weekend, kinda of sucks. But the parking lot is available to those who would like to meet up there. The address is 2840 crooks road rochester hills, Mi. We probably have around 30-40 spaces on are side of the lot.
Thanks. We can call this our morning meeting spot. Never been to Woodward Dream Cruise so someone try and take the reins on this.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Wow you in the wrong forum to be talking that kind of crap, why did they introduce the HHR SS a the dream cruise last year then hmmmm answer me that since you know what has the "rights" to be there LMAO
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Thanks. We can call this our morning meeting spot. Never been to Woodward Dream Cruise so someone try and take the reins on this.

This cruise is very huge and nice. I been there one time in my Camaro and its sure great to cruise it. A single HHR might not stand out but to make a real show about a dozen cruising together would do the trick. Perhaps there is a local PT cruiser club we can form a retro alliance with for the day! 20-30 PT's and HHR's in a convoy would be sweet. But you want to meet up early like 9-10am on that day and get some cruising in before 12. After that its best to find a place to park and watch the cars too! I would definitely come back to Detroit for a nice weather day and meet.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by NEHHRD
This cruise is very huge and nice. I been there one time in my Camaro and its sure great to cruise it. A single HHR might not stand out but to make a real show about a dozen cruising together would do the trick. Perhaps there is a local PT cruiser club we can form a retro alliance with for the day! 20-30 PT's and HHR's in a convoy would be sweet. But you want to meet up early like 9-10am on that day and get some cruising in before 12. After that its best to find a place to park and watch the cars too! I would definitely come back to Detroit for a nice weather day and meet.
hmmm... PT's and HHR's cruisin together.... the Bryan Nesbitt Cruise!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM

Then why are there parking lots filled with clubs representing PT Cruisers, Vipers, a HUGE spot for the Prowler, and of all things, a spot set aside for Scions. The Woodward Dream Cruise is all about peoples love for their cars and a way to show off their classics or customs. I also happened to see Bob Lutz driving around all day in a HHR SS.

Last edited by MrVette; 07-14-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by NEHHRD
This cruise is very huge and nice. I been there one time in my Camaro and its sure great to cruise it. A single HHR might not stand out but to make a real show about a dozen cruising together would do the trick. Perhaps there is a local PT cruiser club we can form a retro alliance with for the day! 20-30 PT's and HHR's in a convoy would be sweet.
If the Detroit PT'ers are anything like the WNY PT'ers, then don't hold your breath. I would love to do the Dream Cruise one of these years ... le sigh, maybe next year when I don't exhaust my travel budget on Arizona and mom's wedding ...

Quick Reply: 2008 Woodward Dream Cruise HHR Meet