Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

Michigan - Detroit area dealer service dept

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 AM

Michigan - Detroit area dealer service dept

Hey. I live here in Detroit MI. West side, Warrrendale. I bought my HHR over in Dearborn (Westborn) at Les Stanford Chevrolet. This was my first new car purchase. I chose that dealer because over the years of working on cars, they had the best dealer parts department.

Recently I had a bad experience at their service department. I never really trusted their service anyway. So, I'm looking for a good dealer service department in the area.

Can you tell me who you use in the metro Detroit area for dealer service? It would be greatly appreciated if you could steer me toward a trust worthy service department.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kookie
Hey. I live here in Detroit MI. West side, Warrrendale. I bought my HHR over in Dearborn (Westborn) at Les Stanford Chevrolet. This was my first new car purchase. I chose that dealer because over the years of working on cars, they had the best dealer parts department.

Recently I had a bad experience at their service department. I never really trusted their service anyway. So, I'm looking for a good dealer service department in the area.

Can you tell me who you use in the metro Detroit area for dealer service? It would be greatly appreciated if you could steer me toward a trust worthy service department.

Thanks
You can try Gordon Chevrolet on Ford Rd. Garden City. Haven't had any experience with them but is worth a try. It is difficult to find a dealer you can trust to do work on your car right the first time. Good luck
Old 04-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Well, I do appreciate the response, but I hoping to hear from people that have used a dealer service and was happy. Or unhappy to stay away.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM

All I've been able to do is trial and error you could say. I've been to a couple that I wouldn't go back, and some are great...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kookie
Well, I do appreciate the response, but I hoping to hear from people that have used a dealer service and was happy. Or unhappy to stay away.
I would not recommend the one in Centerline , that's for sure.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 PM

Buff Whelan's service dept is good, never had a problem.

Might be a bit far though, they are at 18 mile and Van Dyke.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
Buff Whelan's service dept is good, never had a problem.

Might be a bit far though, they are at 18 mile and Van Dyke.

They will be the next one to try. I heard that they were very good.

Another neighbor with a Impala said MATTHEWS-HARGREAVES, 12 mile west of I-75 Royal Oak was very good as well.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Thumbs up Hello to everyone..... 1st Post Here

Although I live on the west side of the state but originally from Dearborn Heights, I have had good experiences at Taylor Chevrolet on Telegraph & Eureka. They seem to be fair and listen to your issues with your vehicle.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 AM

All right! Thank you guys! If I need dealer service, and its good, I don't mind a bit more drive time. (Hopefully never tow time, lol) I really appreciate the options you've given me.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:48 AM

Angry dealer

I did use Moran Chevy in Clinton twp but will Never use them again. The new service manager they have is a idiot has no idea what is going on in his service area.brought my HHR to them 3 times for service and still can not fix it even though I brought a copy of service bulletin to them for front end noise. My wife can hear the noise no problem and so can everyone that rides in my car but not them. I will try FOX Chevy in Rochester now

Quick Reply: Michigan - Detroit area dealer service dept