Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

Woodward Dream Cruise '09 Meet / August 15th

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:56 AM

Up and getting ready. Will be heading out soon Everyone drive careful.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Good to see everybody again, or for the first time as the case may be.......

Had a nice caravan of HHR's on woodward!

(btw, I'm at Micro Center typing this on an eee pc.... gotta git me one of thede!)
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Great meeting everyone. Too bad we lost everyone When we first turned on to Woodward we lost 3 HHRs. Turning off of Woodward we lost another. A group of us parked together to walk Woodward and managed to stay together for a little while. Gregg, Chris, and I were talking cars and turned around and everyone was gone. By the time we got back to the parking area the only cars left were ours and SHADOW(IN). We did see Budro cruising up and down Woodward in his 2 tone HHR
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 AM

So we had 11 HHRs show up. For some reason we don't have pics of ZTony8 or SHADOW(IN) but here are the rest:

harold mallory

HillsdaleHHR
Name:  DSC_0008-1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  69.4 KB

Desert Coyote

Budro

HHRse

yamaha1469

jerrbear

Dream Weaver

mongo
Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 AM

2 words describe the Woodward Dream Cruise, Sensory Overload. Every second there is something new to look at that you don't know what to focus on. Here is an example of the variety of cars cruising Woodward:

Not sure how many pics Chris took but maybe he will get some posted. Overall was a great day. As stated before wished we hadn't lost everyone in the crowd but want to thank Gregg (Mongo) for his vast auto knowledge and commentary while we walked the strip.

Can't complain about gas mileage either. For the entire trip we managed 28.8 MPG and that included the stop and go on Woodward and trying to keep up with this on the way home

Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 AM

Cool pictures!!! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you guys had a great time! Wish I could have been there!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Cool pictures!!! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you guys had a great time! Wish I could have been there!
X2!!! Maybe next year...have always wanted to go after seeing TV coverage of it!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 AM

It was great to meet some new owners and to see some others again. Wish i could have stayed longer, maybe next year. I hope everyone had a great time and all got back home safely.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 AM

thats one of the nicest pictures of my car. lol it was nice to meet everyone and yes we stopped to get shirts by the park and when we turned around you were gone. matt, don, my dad and i walked together to 14 mile. it was great day. thanks for putting it together
Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 AM

Guess we should have talked about what to do if we got separated!Ah well,next year we'll do that.Still was cool to see everybody.Too bad we didn't get the chance to cruise together and really impress the populace with our cars.
The stop and go and idling is going to put a dent in this tank's mileage figure.I can tell from the DIC reading.What the heck,though,it was fun.
And for those of you who've never been to the Woodward Cruise,Dayton is spot on-it's sensory overload.You can't possibly see it all.But it's car nut heaven.You can see everything from a restored 1918 Dort touring to mid sixties Mopar Hemi drag cars to foreign exotics you only hear about in magazines.Ever see a Legends car done up as a 60s gasser?I did.It had a small block Ford in it and carried a parachute and wheelie bars!
I think this year was the hottest I've ever been as I was walking around there.I have to thank the Pasteiners at The Auto Zone at 14 Mile & Woodward for their free lunch.Their pop and water kept me from completely overheating.Stop into their place if you're over that way.They've got all sorts of car related books,magazines,and toy cars to buy.

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise '09 Meet / August 15th