Mods - Engine/Exhaust EngineCompartment/Exhaust Discussions. (Non-Performace)

Dual Exhaust Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Question Dual Exhaust Mufflers

OK, I decided to install dual mufflers... What I need to know is what type of mufflers should they be? I would like a 'throaty' sound, but not too excessive. I want to tuck 'em up better than the stocker which hangs down a lot. I've got a good muffler man that can make a "Y" to even out the flow to the two mufflers. I already have an SS bumper cover and cut out the additional opening. I was hard to duplicate the rolled inner edge of the cover, but I did a good job of that.
Comments?

Mo
Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM

I used stock round Volvo mufflers because they fit well.

Eventhough I didn't want it any louder than stock, they gave it a little more noise. I'm not a fan of it, but it has pretty much the same sound as all the people on here seem to always say they like

If you like your mufflers on the louder side of things, you are better off using a straight through muffler because there is less inline baffling to quiet things down
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Rest In Peace

An early Camaro muffler might work well to give you that Faux dual exhaust look.Then you only need the One muffler.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM

the early Camaro mufflers lay from left to right (instead of front to rear) and to do that, they need to be placed in the middle of the floor and that would be below the spare tirewell. If he does that, it will be extremely close to the ground and besides the chances of bottoming out, it will look pretty bad, especially since he thinks the stocker is to low
Old 07-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Rod Run
the early Camaro mufflers lay from left to right (instead of front to rear) and to do that, they need to be placed in the middle of the floor and that would be below the spare tirewell. If he does that, it will be extremely close to the ground and besides the chances of bottoming out, it will look pretty bad, especially since he thinks the stocker is to low
I thought someone here used one to do theirs?

Could be wrong tho.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

No, A&P you are right, they did and I believe it was Mike who recognized the muffler from his time at a muffler shop. I am going to redo mine after the short bus gets retired, I will be using a pair of , Thrush Hush mufflers, I didn't do that the first time. They look pretty good though.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Hay Sam

You know smoking will kill ya

If the weather stays nice I thinkin of doing the XXX All Chevy Show this weekend
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
No, A&P you are right, they did and I believe it was Mike who recognized the muffler from his time at a muffler shop. I am going to redo mine after the short bus gets retired, I will be using a pair of , Thrush Hush mufflers, I didn't do that the first time. They look pretty good though.
Thank you Sir.

I remenber that post as well, I tried finding the one I thought I saw here, but couldn't quickly find it to add a link.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Premium Member

The Boss is trying hard to have me working on Sat, but would love to check that out, the bus needs a clay bar & wax.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:31 PM

put duals on mine the only thing i could get to fit where an old set of glass packs, not in love with the sound . have pic but can't seem to post

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Mufflers