Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Port holes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Thats the connect for us!!!!
No pics yet , 3 portholes only, no chrome strip.
Only 3!!!!

My god son! A HHR is worthy of at least...........NONE!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:32 PM

Ok maybe that was a little over the top!! What I really think will set the HHR off would be chrome stone guards(I think Thats what they`re called). I have running boards, so I don`t have them.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Ok maybe that was a little over the top!! What I really think will set the HHR off would be chrome stone guards(I think Thats what they`re called). I have running boards, so I don`t have them.
I've been looking for the gravel guards that go on the back fenders and I found them, but no pictures. They come from a 53 and 54 Belair. I like that old school look. One of the things about the Pt Cruiser and the HHR is that they were designed by the same guy. That is one reason it is hard for me to call any one who owns one a PT Looser. At one time when they first came out. I was checking into buying one. I am glad I waited on the HHR.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:51 PM

I`m referring to the ones on the HHR`s that did`nt get running boards. I can`t remember seeing them on a Cruck W/ running boards!!! Called the dealer once for a price (raw), about $60, apiece. Then the price of chroming, backed off real quick!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 PM

There was someone who bought one and posted a picture here on the forum. Ch might know where you might find that thread. If I remember correctly, it was black and he had it removed by the dealer.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:53 PM

Well if anyone has/had them and removed/don`t want them, maybe I can take them off your hands if the price is right!!! Of course there are two in a set!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
I'm thinking of the port hole look?
Those port holes look great eveni if this aint no Buick

Thes pics are from http://californiacruisers.com/
They do a lot of PT customs and now the HHR has given them another pallet to work with. I think they are working on Chrysler 300s as well.

I was sold on placing nice chrome Chevrolet scripts in those hood areas:
A seen here in another member's photo:

but now............
I'm not sure

Here is a PT done with the port holes, whiskers, and more:

Now back to the HHR..
So what do you think? A chrome beltline and some port holes?
Like the first pictures up top?
I'm also interested in bringing the chrome look to the wheel wells and running boards. It looks nice in the PT photo at the bottom. I know wheel well chrome kits are out there, but so far I've only seen a variety of pipes to mount below the running boards. I like the chrome look, but not necessarily the extra weight and lower ground clearance the pipes give. A chrome edge around the running boards would do fine for me.:twothumbs

Hey has anyone seen an HHR with whitewalls yet? I think it is inevitable
I think that chrome beltline is sharp, but not sold on the porthole effect. Just a bit too much for me. But, to each his own right?
Old 05-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Thumbs down port holes

Not for me but ....whatever does it for you. At first I thought I'd like them but I'm glad I saw them on someone elses first.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 AM

I've seen some model of the new Buicks that have a one piece trim on the hood sides that appear as 3 portholes joined together. Not separate port holes as pictured on this thread. I like the way they look, but I don't know how they're attached to the hood? Besides, they're probably only available right now at a Buick Dealer for an inflated price!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Harpozep
I'm thinking of the port hole look? So what do you think? A chrome beltline and some port holes?
Name:  Digging.gif
Views: 59
Size:  11.9 KB
Wonder why I've never noticed this thread before? I love the port hole look!

Quick Reply: Port holes?