Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

dash removal for color change? plus a few other interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 06:01 AM

dash removal for color change? plus a few other interior questions

hey all did some searching but only found info on removing the waterfall panel in the middle. I just scored a black leather interior for my panel and grabbed the door panels while i was at it with plans to go back and pull the rest of the interior panels. my main question is how tough are the textured dash top and face panels to pull?? Are they push clipped in like the rest of them or does the dash have to come out as an assembly? Also i would like to use the standard door panels along with my rear seat conversion. What is normally done when doing a rear seat install on a panel, with the upper part of the rear door? Is it even possible to use the standard inner door trim on my model? thanks
Old 05-12-2019, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Dash top is screws and clips , the bottom, I’ve never had out of Oldblue, but it doesn’t look to complicated.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:44 AM

so far everything has been pretty easy to work on on this thing, heading to the bone yard in a bit here. Theres a couple HHR's in the yard so i might experiment on one of the trashed out ones to see how the panel comes out. Just want to be sure i have all the tools i need in case theres anything special. Torx, nut drivers and plastic pry tools is so far all I've really needed. Really hope to do a full black interior. Also need to grab a climate control panel with seat heat for the leather seats i nabbed. Are these plug and play?

Thanks

Theres a panel i may pull the rear doors from in anticipation of doing a Panel SS some day. The yard i go to is awesome, its a you-pull-it place that has blanket pricing for everything. Doors fifty bucks, seats thirty bucks, door panels ten bucks etc . . . great pricing and the inventory changes a lot, they put a huge amount of effort into the place.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Technical Moderator

If you have a Windows computer I can provide help, let me know. Vague on purpose.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:30 AM

yep i have a windows machine that runs my plotter. based on that pic i may be doing a black top and leave the lower section grey . . .yeah . . . that might be nice lol
Old 05-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Sounds like a cool colour combo!
Old 05-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Technical Moderator

Look in your PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 AM

Chicken.... I'm going to do the same thing to my panel this weekend for the exact same thing, swap out grey for black. It really wasn't all that difficult to do (pulling the dash that is). This coming from an old man with a badly beaten body, Cordless drill or dewalt cordless impact gun comes in handy with 10mm, 8mm and 7mm sockets like these a set of these come in handy as well
I also found that a REALLY long extension (2') came in handy to remove nuts and bolts relating to the steering wheel, fuel pedal, and misc assembly's etc, under the dash instead of laying on my back to getting under the dash.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 AM
Administrator

We’ll need pictures!
Old 05-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
We’ll need pictures!
what, of my ass sticking up in the air??? I shall try to remember.

Quick Reply: dash removal for color change? plus a few other interior questions