North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

2008 GM Powertrain Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 AM

2008 GM Powertrain Show

Ladies and gentlemen of the (unofficial) Western New York HHR Club and all other interested parties -

There is a rumor at Tonawanda Powertrain that next year's car show is going to be pushed back to September, to coincide with some sort of milestone the plant will pass. Nothing is set in stone yet, but this is just to give y'alls a heads-up, in addition to try to get more folks in our HHR contingent.

We had two prize-winners in our class this past August - odds are, we can get a prize sweep if we have enough HHR's.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 AM

GM just announced that they will be celebrating their 100th anniversary during the "week of September 16th". I wonder if the GM Powertrain show at Tonawanda is being scheduled to coincide with that celebration.

Steve
Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Ladies and gentlemen of the (unofficial) Western New York HHR Club and all other interested parties -

There is a rumor at Tonawanda Powertrain that next year's car show is going to be pushed back to September, to coincide with some sort of milestone the plant will pass. Nothing is set in stone yet, but this is just to give y'alls a heads-up, in addition to try to get more folks in our HHR contingent.

We had two prize-winners in our class this past August - odds are, we can get a prize sweep if we have enough HHR's.
Thanks for the info, Don. I'll pencil in both 9/13 & 20 just to keep the dates open. I'll be there as will my cousin with the brand new Victory Red '08!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Keep me in the loop and I'll be there..!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Docwylie
Thanks for the info, Don. I'll pencil in both 9/13 & 20 just to keep the dates open. I'll be there as will my cousin with the brand new Victory Red '08!
Hey, Me to guy's......................
Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM

Smile WNY Power Train Show

Just got off the HOT line with Prez of Tri Five Club. She informed me the show is on Sept. 13 th at the plant again.
I asked for show flyer to be sent here so I can get it posted here. She told me they are at the printer as we speak....................
Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
Just got off the HOT line with Prez of Tri Five Club. She informed me the show is on Sept. 13 th at the plant again.
I asked for show flyer to be sent here so I can get it posted here. She told me they are at the printer as we speak....................
Thank's Brian. it's on my calendar.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Smile Tonawanda Engine Plant Show

Speaking of the show, when I got home tonight I had a call on my machine from another HHR owner. Seems he is a salesman at West Herr Chevy in Hamburge, NY. He has a friend who went to the 07 Tonawanda plant show and remembered seeing all of us there.
He went and found an All Clubs list of car shows here in WNY. He knew the Tri Five gang put the show on, he calls the number listed, the Prez gave him my phone number, so I get the call. Just had a most delightfull talk with Mark. He plans on joining this great family in a bit.
His friend has an 08 Panel and has some big plans as far as mod's.
OH, yes I made mention they LOVE to see pic's of your HHR........
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 AM

That's great Brian! If we can connect with more HHR owners locally we may be able to host our own show one of these days, perhaps at one of the dealers. Be sure to let them know about our Batavia GTG. The more the merrier!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
Speaking of the show, when I got home tonight I had a call on my machine from another HHR owner. Seems he is a salesman at West Herr Chevy in Hamburge, NY. He has a friend who went to the 07 Tonawanda plant show and remembered seeing all of us there.
He went and found an All Clubs list of car shows here in WNY. He knew the Tri Five gang put the show on, he calls the number listed, the Prez gave him my phone number, so I get the call. Just had a most delightfull talk with Mark. He plans on joining this great family in a bit.
His friend has an 08 Panel and has some big plans as far as mod's.
OH, yes I made mention they LOVE to see pic's of your HHR........
Way to go Brian. That will be great to have a local dealer representative involved with our group and GTG's.
It would be great if they can come to Batavia.

Quick Reply: 2008 GM Powertrain Show