North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

GM Tonawanda Powertrain Auto Show - July 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Talking GM Tonawanda Powertrain Auto Show - July 2007

This is a very pre-emptive post here, but I'd like to gauge interest in coming to the annual GM Tonawanda Powertrain auto show and showing a metric buttload of HHR's. I can guarantee you that Stitch will be showing.

The show is in the last half of July, usually on a Saturday. My wife will have further information hopefully next week as to an approximate date (it's usually the second-to-last Saturday in July, but last year's was on the last Saturday). The show time is typically from 8am-6pm. There are also prizes involved, including I believe a category designed for clubs about showing the most of a single model: last year's winner of this trophy was an international Corvair club that showed 30 Corvairs.

I will also put this out: if you are interested and fill out an entry form for the show, I'll send you one of the many Tonawanda Powertrain license plate frames, suitable for car use. (we have a bunch of them, and I in fact have one on the front of Stitch.)

Post here if you're interested. As I get more info I'll post it here. When I get applications, I'll PM all those interested so I can find out where to send the apps.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Desert Coyote; 01-05-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: change smiley
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Interested! Might even be representing the Camaros and Suburbans along with the HHRs if I can get a third person, maybe a second HHR if my sister wants to come . . .
Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM

I'll be waiting for a date to commit, but it does sound like a good day. It's only a 6 hour ride from here.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:27 AM

I am very interested.
I'm about an 1 1/2 Hr drive from the Tonowanda Engine Plant on River Rd.
Please keep me posted.
Thankyou
Don
Bradenton Fl. / Centerville New York
Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

I can probably make it. I can't say I'll definitely be there because I have a hard time planning next week let alone six months from now.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Cool Minor Update

My wife says she'll check this week about the exact date so that planning can start. She also mentioned that if I can secure enough HHR folks to come, we can count ourselves as a club and she miiiiight be able to talk the plant PR lady into giving everyone a group tour of the plant, including the L850 line which produces all HHR engines. This has precedent, as it was done last year for the Corvair club: even though the line is defunct, Tonawanda produced the air-cooled inline 6 for the Corvair, so those folks got to tour what they termed as "holy ground."
Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 AM

Up until about a year ago, I used to live 2 blocks from the plant. I have attended the last 10 shows there and they are great. There are engine assembly demos and transmission assembly demos, a band playing, food, chevy NASCAR cars (usually #8, #24, or #29), and lots of stuff for kids to do. Last plant tour I attended was in the late 80's. Our Chevy Suburban engine was made there (2002 8.1L big block). I now live about 35 minutes away, but I will definitely attend if there is no time conflict with another event that I have in late July. I'll let you know if I can attend when the show date is released.

Steve
Old 02-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Bump diddy bump bump - UPDATE!

There is now a date for the GM Tonawanda summer car show!

The show will be on August 18th.

More info when I receive it.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the update
My Wife & I & our HHR will be coming.
Looking forward to future updates.
Don & Linda Battista
Old 02-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Where exactly is this?

Quick Reply: GM Tonawanda Powertrain Auto Show - July 2007