North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Hi from NJ!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 AM

just wondering... I first saw the solid quarter there (in black) even test drove it. loved it, but they said it was leaving for another dealership the next day.
after seeing it in person I decided the 1/2 panel was what I wanted. Shumacher in Little Falls was going to bring a black one in from Michigan for me but I ended up finding the BFM in Connecticut. (couldn't beat the price)
see you on the road
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpeedway
Sparta checking in. If you see a black SS Half Panel out there, feel free to beep and wave!
My in-laws live by Lake Mohawk. I know the area very well.

Originally Posted by peevlos
Helllllooo. I live in Ringwood NJ. 5/10 minutes from the NY border.
just picked up my BFM SS on Friday.
I actually inquired about this particular one, until I found out it was a half-panel (just not what I was looking for). I was torn between blue and red (I usually go blue...my last three cars were blue), but the red and black interior on my SS sold me on the red.

I'm in High Bridge, which is by Clinton. I bought my car in Allentown, PA.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 AM

Another NJ Member

Hi. My '09 Black LT1 is 8 days old and came from Hawthorne Chevy. I bought it because the US Government gave me $4500 for my beater '95 Jeep Cherokee and I want to save the wear and tear on my '02 Victory Red Avalanche. Plus getting 27 mpg beats 15 anyday. Trouble is the HHR is growing on me......5 coats of Zaino Z5 plus Z8 finish leaves the paint looking 2 feet thick. I could get real used to this vehicle........and my wife doesn't know I already ordered tail light rings for it...........

A couple of photos:

GLad to be aboard.

Jake
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by lightbg
Hi. My '09 Black LT1 is 8 days old and came from Hawthorne Chevy. I bought it because the US Government gave me $4500 for my beater '95 Jeep Cherokee and I want to save the wear and tear on my '02 Victory Red Avalanche.
I've decided I'm going to save the miles on my Avalanche instead!

You and I should get together and take pics of all four vehicles. You have a black SS and a red Av, while I have a red SS and a black Av. That could make for some interesting pics!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by VictorySpeedway
No, I got it at Gearhart in Denville. Great dealership; knowledgeable sales staff, excellent (so far) service dept. The only annoyance I experienced was their lack of communication while I was waiting (four months to the day) for my ordered HHR to arrive.

They've atoned for their sins twice over by being very helpful with a few questions, and a very smooth first service.

Have a great time with your SS. Watch your speed on the highway - it can creep up on you. Before you know it, you'll be going alot faster than you thought you were!

Best Wishes

I HATE THAT DEALERSHIP!! I Bought my car from there, and they totally screwed me on almost every aspect from the sale. There servcie department sucks. Sorry! I will never buy from them ever again. Althought the FREE Car Wash is almost a plus. It Scratches your car to bits!!