North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

North East GTG

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Lightbulb North East GTG

So here we are almost at the yeras end & no one has even said anything about another GTG so I guess I'll start.

OK who is up for a 2009 NE GTG lets hear from you /we need sugestions where & when .
lets make this one a bigger one yhan last year
Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 PM

seems liek my idea got shot down. there was talk about all gm nat's in carlisle but thats all i heard. lets do something 50's like somewhere. lets get barry the dj back at a real motel this time where we can go all out there is a great motel in york pa that the street rodders rent out every year for there big york show. i can check into. anything up ur way maybe or know of anything. lets get some sponsors this year and get soem new products out there. i will get my t shirt printer guy this year to come down for a day to get orders and to print stuff off if we make it a two day show. and make it worth his while i will bring samples.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 AM

sounds ike a plan lets get the ball rolling anyone eles have any ideas or that can help
Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM

do u have any ideas bud? im thinking like a june show or possible july. not when it could rain hardcore like last year. what if we do a beach run to Rehobeth or a local beach. something that could be fun. can we get a hold of jeff and see if he has any ideas for a jersey thing
Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM

a 2 day event would be great. might be able to convince more people from further out (like us Maryland'ers) to come up.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 PM

No offense folks, but the lines that were drawn last year are wrong. NJ, PA, DE, MD......are all Mid-Atlantic. To those of us "up here", the Northeast is New England, and sometimes New York.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM

I think the GM show at Carlisle could be a good idea...here's why...they have the facilities & activities to host such a gathering of such a diverse group...its family oriented...so there are other things to do & see while there...they have a kids area...& they usually have a "Women's World" set up in one of the buildings at each of thier car shows...there will be some how to seminars & a chance to meet some of the GM people...if we get (at least) 25 vehicles to pre-register...they provide the group a tent canopy to use & an area for group parking for the duration of the show...the more people you get to go...the bigger canopy they will provide...

it might be possible to talk to Rich (the Carlisle Events coordinator) & see if we could get some type of a setup place for Barry & his DJ equipment...(provided Barry is willing/able to do so again this time)

Carlisle is also easily accessible...given the fact that 2 interstate highways intersect 2 miles north of the fairgrounds...I 81 & the PA Turnpike I 76...this might make it easier for some more people to attend...say from down in Virginia...or from out towards Pittsburgh...

of course...this is just one person's opinion (mine)...so...lets here some more ideas...
Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM

last year when we had a GTG in Gettysburg we had people from Marryland,Pennsylvaina,New Jersey,& New York It was posted If you want to get something together I don't think that there won't be a problem with getting people to come.

I'm up for that I say we start getting the ball rolling
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 PM

hey guys.how is it going. linepainter must have read my mind,I was thinking of bringing it up also. When is the g.m. show? we can always do a couple things,like the g.m. show & a beach thing in Rehobeth {is that in Del}or Wildwood or A.C. in Jersey..I forget who set up the surveys last year,to get Ideas on dates & places. I'm up for anything, maybe May for one & summer for the beach.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Barry the DJ here.

My new job duties have me traveling all over the nation (just got back from Dayton, OH, today...leave for Denver on Sunday). So...

I will need a date to confirm if I can do a DJ gig. Keep me posted.

I love my HHR! Love it even more after driving a BRAND NEW Dodge Caliber for the last four days...what a piece of JUNK!!!

Quick Reply: North East GTG