North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Wny g2g?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Talking Wny g2g?

For sentimental reasons, I'd like to know if any WNY folks would like to have a G2G sometime before May 15th. I'd like to do it before that date because May 15th is my Master's commencement day, and two days later I'm packing up and moving to Texas.

Any number of folks is okay. Any place is okay (got a GPS unit for Christmas this year). Pretty much any *day* is okay too, long as it's a weekend.

Anyone?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

I'm about ready for a G2G. Count me in. Hopefully closer to Buffalo this time. LOL
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
For sentimental reasons, I'd like to know if any WNY folks would like to have a G2G sometime before May 15th. I'd like to do it before that date because May 15th is my Master's commencement day, and two days later I'm packing up and moving to Texas.

Any number of folks is okay. Any place is okay (got a GPS unit for Christmas this year). Pretty much any *day* is okay too, long as it's a weekend.

Anyone?
What's going on in Texas?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Anyone?
I'm up for it. My weekends are now free, so anytime is good for me.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Congratulations on your Masters! What is it in?
I hope to successfully defend and get my doctoral hood by May 2011 (fingers crossed)-- and will probably be moving to the Mid-west not long after that myself ... so am enjoying all our g2g's here in SoCal while I can.

Good luck!

@
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Smile Wny g2g

CONGRAT's DC on getting your Master's.

You started the ball rolling here in WNY it is only fitting you call the date . Do you have any idea's of were we can G2G ???
Maybe there is a date Stacy will be up here ???? so she can join in as well, we've missed her.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Is it May yet I should be good to go
Old 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by AJochum
What's going on in Texas?
I'm moving there. My wife's been there since June (I just got back this last week from spending a month down south and taking down our cats), and I'm heading down once my degree is done and I get our house sold.

Brian, I'm not too particular on which weekend we do it on, so whenever folks are available is good for me. There's not going to be any weekends Stacey comes up other than commencement weekend, unfortunately (Since she now has the cats with her, more than likely I'll be going down to her if anything). As for a place, I was kinda thinking of the Quaker Steak & Lube on Transit.

afs9, my Master's is in English. I'm kinda doing it in record time (three semesters), and writing my thesis this semester on mythic storytelling used in modern media. Good luck on your doctorate: I might consider doing that myself in the future (found a PhD program in Creative Writing at Univ. of North Texas that I might look into).
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM

<snip> afs9, my Master's is in English. I'm kinda doing it in record time (three semesters), and writing my thesis this semester on mythic storytelling used in modern media. Good luck on your doctorate: I might consider doing that myself in the future (found a PhD program in Creative Writing at Univ. of North Texas that I might look into).
Cool! Would love to read it.
A doctorate will the most challenging thing you will ever do, but I think it will be worth it (mine is a 3 year program--I had to have a Masters to apply). I *will* be done in Spring 2011 (putting together my committee as I type). And probably moving to Derby City by Winter or soon after ...

Good luck!

@
Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 AM

I'm up for a g2g. It's been a long time since the last WNY g2g. The thought of spring and warm weather is very appealing. Somewhere under that white salt film is orange and blue on my HHR!

Congratulations on your Master's degree!

Very few of my weekends are booked, I'm flexible on the date.

Steve