North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Wny Holiday Party

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Wny Holiday Party

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06

" I'm just putting this on the table ???? I'd like everyones views on a holiday party for the WNY HHR Club membership to be held in January.

I picked the start of the new year because we all have so much to do what with family & work parties and of course Chritmas in December that by the later part of January we are in need of getting out and about. Plus we can watch the weather condition's for driving our HHR's.

I don't want to pick a set date because of our location, THE SNOW BELT, Buffalo & Rochester area's. And besides I have not gotten my FREE 2008 list of months as of yet ??? I think Teso's would be in the middle of Buffalo & Rochester on RT 5 ( Main St.). They have a back room for this gang of rough necks ( you showed your true colors yesterday) LOL.

I'll check out Saturday nights to see what is open ? In the past I have never had a problem with just showing up with 16 people and taking the place over.

OK, give me your we have a little time to toss this around..."
Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM

OK Brian..like I said, I think you've got a great idea. As to location, Teso's is a good spot but it seems a bit far for our Rochester and Elmira friends. Maybe there's someplace in the Batavia area that would be about the same distance away for everyone? Then again, the farther east we get the farther away it would be for our Canadian friends. Let's get some more opinions and feedback.

We might want to consider someplace close to, or even located in, a hotel/motel so that anyone who wanted to stay over and not risk motoring late in the winter weather would have that option.

Anyway...let's hear from others...
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 PM

I like the Batavia area idea..!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 AM

I would like to be there

I plan on heading to TX around the 1-5th of Dec. I have to be there by the 10th, So I am open and maybe this time I could have the whole family there.

I really enjoyed the Park trip and had a great time. Felt like I was with family that I have known for years. Loved showing off the cars and talking to others about them. Maybe the honda guy will trade up?

Pictures turned out awsome. my camera wasnt focuse that great, but it is the thought that counts.

Just a thought, Has anyone tried a Texas Roadhouse (steakhouse) great meals, and good prices.

Also those with GPS. Look into this site Maybe a club day Idea,

www.geocaching.com

Heath
(AKA da_dad66)
Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 AM

Lake Ontario Comedy Club / Geocaching Day

Here is a thought. In Watertown, there is a small decent comedy club in Sackets Harbor, Not bad priced @ 10$ pp. Show last @ 2-3hrs and there is motels available.

Could do a day with an Introduction to Geocaching and explore a few cache sites in/around the Black River area. And the Ft. Drum Army Post.

Have Brunch/Lunch/Dinner at the Texas Roadhouse and off to end the day with a good laugh at the comedy club

www.playhousecomedy.com

www.geocaching.com

www.texasroadhouse.com
Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Docwylie
OK Brian..like I said, I think you've got a great idea. As to location, Teso's is a good spot but it seems a bit far for our Rochester and Elmira friends. Maybe there's someplace in the Batavia area that would be about the same distance away for everyone? Then again, the farther east we get the farther away it would be for our Canadian friends. Let's get some more opinions and feedback.

We might want to consider someplace close to, or even located in, a hotel/motel so that anyone who wanted to stay over and not risk motoring late in the winter weather would have that option.

Anyway...let's hear from others...
Suggestion for this, if it's still in the doing ...

Seems to me (after checking geography, not to mention working up a mockup for a WNYHHR logo) that a central point to use as an option for this might be Rochester, being equidistant (pretty much) from Buffalo, Elmira and Syracuse. In which case, there's quite a few options for party-atmosphere with food there, which I know secondhand from Stacey (she had a GM internship at Honeoye Falls). If we do it there, then my vote for where to have the party would be the Macaroni Grill.

Anyone else with an idea? I know this kinda got shuffled down a bit ...
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 AM

DOC, we need a head count and some dates to shoot for.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by enri9267
DOC, we need a head count and some dates to shoot for.
OK. Let's hear it folks....any preferences on dates? Are we agreed to shoot for a late January/early February time frame to avoid the Christmas crunch? How about Feb. 2..."Ground Hog Day"? If you think you might be interested in attending, give a shout here and we'll start a tentative head count.

I agree with Desert Coyote's suggestion about Rochester. I'm wondering if there's someplace around the Hylan Road/Mall area that is either connected with, or near, a decent hotel/motel in case anyone wants to stay over. I don't know Rochester all that well, so if anybody has more info or suggestions let's hear them.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Docwylie
OK. Let's hear it folks....any preferences on dates? Are we agreed to shoot for a late January/early February time frame to avoid the Christmas crunch? How about Feb. 2..."Ground Hog Day"? If you think you might be interested in attending, give a shout here and we'll start a tentative head count.

I agree with Desert Coyote's suggestion about Rochester. I'm wondering if there's someplace around the Hylan Road/Mall area that is either connected with, or near, a decent hotel/motel in case anyone wants to stay over. I don't know Rochester all that well, so if anybody has more info or suggestions let's hear them.
I'm in for sometime after the first of the year. Groundhog Day would work for me, probably.

BTW, nice to see ya on the 190 on my way to work, Tom.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Premium Member

Put me in for a maybe, depends on weather, traffic etc. How far, don't head for Syracuse! Rochester OK. I need time for border security.

Quick Reply: Wny Holiday Party