North Pacific AK, WA, OR

Looking to buy

Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 PM

Looking to buy

We are thinking about selling our Suburban and buying a HHR. We would like some input on the good and the not so good things about the HHR. Are there options that are must have. What trim package is the best buy. What is the real fuel mileage. We live in So. Oregon so there is not a lot of flat driving.
Thanks to all that respond.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 PM

My wife had a 99 Suburban LT that she got out of for a new 05 XB. The XB was a nice little car but it was just that , A little car. She now has a 07 HHR LS that she loves, calls it her little sub. IMO the 2LT would be the best going from a Suburban. Pick the options that you like. assist steps [running boards] are a must to stop sandblasting of rear fenders, The switchs for the windows are in a odd place but you get use to them fast. A few blind spots, again in a short time and getting the mirrors set right there ok. The ride is very nice and MPH on my 06 LS/auto is always 27+ on paper. Take one for a ride and not just around the block! If you have to rent one for a day or weekend to see if you like it. If you have any ? please just ask, We like to run off about our HHR's likes had dislikes we will tell all.
there will be others that are going to post up with there just like myself. It is all good info to help you make a good buy on a HHR
Old 05-25-2007, 04:20 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 25
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! There are quite a few threads on this very subject. Do a search and you'll be amazed at all you can find. Sometimes you have to get creative with your words when searching People will argue 2.2 vs 2.4 so it really comes down to you.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 PM

I think the one thing most will agree on is that running boards/assist steps are a MUST! Most everything else is up for debate. Personally I'd get the 2.4, almost the same mpg's and about 30hp more. I'd also suggest leater seats as many have complained about the cloth staining easliy.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 PM

I Have Had My Hhr Lt2 For A Year I Have 15,000 Miles And Have Not Been Back To The Dealer For Any Promblem,ilove Mine And Would Tell Any One Thinking About A Hhr Buy One. I Love Driving It
Old 05-25-2007, 04:45 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-10-1.gif
Views: 24
Size:  7.1 KB

Only thing that should be a must are the boards!! (Slows the sandblasting of rear fenders)
Everything else is up to you, including fuel milage.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Boards and leather seats.
Wish I got the leather seat as water does stain the cloth and to get it clean you must clean all of the seat not just the stain.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM

Had a 2001 Suburban Z71 which I loved. Lots of room, really good ride for vehicle type. Had the 5.3 and I got about 17 around town, and 19-20 on mostly freeway driving. The HHR is no Suburban, that said however, it is a great small car. I have an 06 Spring Edition, with leather, running boards, etc. (really pretty much everything but OnStar). Mine is 2.4 auto. It is handy enough for nearly all day to day household errands. I averaged 27.5 mpg through the winter (mixed around town driving - live in an area of 1/2 million people some urban, some suburban, some highway) I love the HHR, and greatly like the fuel economy at $3.65 per gallon. Options to get, if the Suburban was loaded (most are) get an HHR loaded, especially running boards (or whatever they call them). It still won't be quite as posh, but it makes for a very, very nice small car. (Was going to say "around town", but did a 2500 mile round trip the first weekend I owned it, and it was fine). Hope this helps,
Old 05-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
My wife had a 99 Suburban LT that she got out of for a new 05 XB. The XB was a nice little car but it was just that , A little car. She now has a 07 HHR LS that she loves, calls it her little sub. IMO the 2LT would be the best going from a Suburban. Pick the options that you like. assist steps [running boards] are a must to stop sandblasting of rear fenders, The switchs for the windows are in a odd place but you get use to them fast. A few blind spots, again in a short time and getting the mirrors set right there ok. The ride is very nice and MPH on my 06 LS/auto is always 27+ on paper. Take one for a ride and not just around the block! If you have to rent one for a day or weekend to see if you like it. If you have any ? please just ask, We like to run off about our HHR's likes had dislikes we will tell all.
there will be others that are going to post up with there just like myself. It is all good info to help you make a good buy on a HHR
Thats what we are selling as much as I hate to see the Burb go away. I just got it the way I wanted. But with fuel here pushing 3.50 something has to change. We have 3 dealerships giving us a price on a HHR LT. We will see how they do.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 AM

I ordered my 2007 2LT with everything except the smokers kit and have found all the extras worth while especially when the tolal price is much less than many other vehicles with less equipment. I notice you are from Southern Oregon - I live in Brookings which is extreme Southwest Oregon and love it. I have driven to Medford many times and my HHR has no problem and handles excellently through the canyon on 199.

Search this Thread