Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Finally Found My HHR! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM

Finally Found My HHR! (Pics)

Some of you I'm sure have seen my posts, and I'd just like to say thanks for all the answers to my dumb questions. I'm actually a MOPAR guy, but don't hold that against me.

But my wife and I FINALLY found an HHR yesterday that we both liked. Not exactly what we wanted, or maybe I should say "I" wanted, but my wife loved it, so we are now proud new owners of a Spring Edition Victory Red HHR 5-speed with a 2.4 option.

I really wanted dark metallic gray with a sunroof, but this will do. I saw some pictures online of the "Victory Red" and I really didn't like it on the pictures I saw. But after seeing it in person, I have a totally different opinion of it. It looked "cheap" in the pictures, but it's pretty sharp in person. I really like the interior of the Spring Edition too. That's the best part in my opinion.

I already have a couple ideas for some mods, but we'll have to see how time permits. My wife is 8 months pregnant, and I swear she is going to "pop" any day now.

I think the main reason I didn't want red though is because it's almost the same exact color as my truck. Oh well, at least we match now. All I need is a silver stripe on the truck instead of black.

Here are the pics, and I swear, it's really not orange, but I guess I chose the wrong time of day to take these pictures. The sun wasn't being my friend.

My Wife with her new toy.

Pretty close color to my truck. Maybe I should get a trailer and tow the HHR around.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM

Nice! Let the mods begin.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:59 PM

Really nice looking HHR, I have a red Dodge Ram also,having traded in my PT Cruiser for the Chevy, Your wife looks really fine also!!!
By the way get a set of mud flaps from your dealer,Road crap will sandblast your fenders!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:05 PM

Nice looking HHR and truck. And The wife looks pretty good too! Congrats on the soon to be baby . Your first ? Hpefully it wont grow up to be a Bulldog fan !http://oinkville.tripod.com/wps.wma GO HOGS !!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:06 PM

Very nice...congratulations on your new HHR....and the other new addition on the way. The wife looks very pleased with the new HHR. Look forward to seeing what mods you decide to do to the HHR.

If you haven't already done it...be sure to check the fuse boxes. Saw that posted here and sure enough almost all mine were loose.

You two enjoy your new HHR and we look forward to hearing more about it.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:09 PM

Pics look great, I think Victory Red looks great on the HHR. :twothumbs

Al
Old 07-02-2006, 09:16 PM

I like the rims on your truck. Now when people drive by your house they are going to say damn those are very red and cool looking cars
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 PM

Thanks all!!! Yes, my wife is very pleased with the car. She loves it!!! And believe it or not, I contemplated getting one for myself and sell my truck. I love my truck, but it's pretty much turned into a show truck, and mods are pretty expensive for it compared to the one's I've seen for the HHR. That and 15mpg on the highway if I'm lucky. I have 2 more days to think about it.

I did check the fuses, and every single fuse and relay was loose. What's the deal with that????

Do the factory mud flaps scratch the paint? I looked at an HHR that already had them installed, and the fit was less than desireable in my opinion. Anyone have any experience with the factory flaps? Are there other options? I think some naked lady mudflaps would look pretty cool.

No bulldog fans in this house. I'm a transplant. What they like to call a "damn yankee". You know..... The one's who come down and don't go home.

I wish they made the rims I have on my truck for the HHR. They would look sweet!!! I don't know if there could be much of a dish on a FWD car though.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:39 PM

Congrats on the upcoming arrival and the new HHR.

Welcome to the Spring Edition club. Only 2300 us us!

Everybody says the same thing, you have to see a SE to really appreciate it. And it is nice that things like the two-tone leather, paint, and wheels weren't available on any other HHR.

BTW, a chrome stubby antenna looks great instead of the fishing pole.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:42 PM

Where do I get the chrome antenna?

BTW: Just noticed this thread was moved to a different area that I didn't even know about! Looks like I have a lot more reading to do. sigh.......

Quick Reply: Finally Found My HHR! (Pics)