Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!
View Poll Results: Is the idea of a Mater HHR funny or offensive?
Funny
95.62%
Offensive
4.38%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Mater + HHR!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Cool

I Am Just Amazed At Your Skills...i Spent 1 Hour On Photoshop Trying To Figure Out How To Create Multiple Layers...no Luck! I Recently Got My Program From 1 Of My Cousins, And I Am Having A Heck Of A Time Just Trying To Figure Out How To Put Different Pictures On Different Layers!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 PM

That's great...I love it.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:37 AM

Cool not perfect...

HELLO! I actually just got a copy of photoshop while visiting my wife's family at Thanksgiving...I had not installed it on my computer until I saw the 'MATER' photoshop by 'bdubsee', and now I am addicted to photoshop...please forgive the amateur look to this, as it is my first project & I am just kind of learning as I go!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-04-2007, 01:40 AM

Nice job Jeremy!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 AM

That's a terrific first effort Jeremy. You may not have the controls down yet but you have good eye for making it look 'right'. On the eyes, you may want to try reducing the opacity to 85% (in the layers box) and reduce the brightness a bit (Image->Adjustments->Brightness/Contrast). Again, great work!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
I was just thinking...If you were to take the "eyes" and make them into one of those "sun blocker things" you put in the windshield. You could probabally make a ton of cash....lol....It would have a lot more character than most of the ones I've seen, plus it's universal so it would work for pretty much any car and appeal to a wide variety of people.....Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud again and no hi-jacking intended....Regards....
You're right - it is such a good idea that there is already a version on the market: http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/C...rchandise.html

I also think that I've seen them at Target stores as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Cool

Thanks 'bdubsee', and thanks for starting this thread. I had wanted to get into photoshop but couldn't think of a project to work on...until I saw your Mater HHR! Now I am addicted to it and I am still determined to get Mater's mouth on my ride.

I must say you are very talented, because Mater's mouth is a much harder one to blend as perfectly as you have!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
Thanks 'bdubsee', and thanks for starting this thread. I had wanted to get into photoshop but couldn't think of a project to work on...until I saw your Mater HHR! Now I am addicted to it and I am still determined to get Mater's mouth on my ride.

I must say you are very talented, because Mater's mouth is a much harder one to blend as perfectly as you have!
Thanks for the compliment. I love this stuff but don't get to do as much as I'd like to for my job (particularly car related stuff). I am working on 'chop' of the '08 Malibu for a C&G contest.

Tip: before you copy Mater's mouth, use the smudge tool all around his mouth (use a larger brush around the outside of the mouth and a smaller one for the lips). This will smooth out the rust and make the surface more even so that you adjust the color and blend it. Also, try the Filter -> Liquify command to push around the shapes and colors - I used this to fill the hole below the front bumper.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Hah! Two people found the picture offensive - out of 40 that's 5%. Not too bad. I usually offend more than 50% with my 'humor'.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Who found it offensive?!