Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

My car

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
As far as being an SS replica it looks good. My only critique is to please, please, please get that box covered with something! That plain wood just doesn't look right and makes the cargo area look "cheap" to me. You said you're in college so I've no clue if $ is an issue; but even staining the wood in a dark color like cherrywood or a dark oak stain (even flat black would look better IMHO). You can of course try carpeting or even better, ultrasuede would make that back end look killer IMO. Otherwise, nice work.

Later
Allex
Yeah, I get mixed comments on the box, some love it and others really don't care about it. I worked with the materials I had, and it seemed like the way to go. It may get changed in the future because I really want to change the interior. Thanks for the opinion though!

Originally Posted by Rodney B
I like the color and the ss front end look.
Thanks! I wish I had an original SS but I didn't have much of an option... I just could not stay with the stock look.

Originally Posted by Rainman
Looks sweet, I don't think you need the rear bumper, yours is a 1 off, looks awesome
More than likely, it will stay this way, but if I do end up doing anything else soon, it would definitely be the running boards... Thanks!

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Don't know how I missed this before but it looks great!
Thanks! Its a work in progress!!