Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

New Guy...with mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Holy cow, I love that color! Sharp looking car dude!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Uma

Nice Job!! I did the same, When I bought it I pretty much did all my mods in the first month. Sweet!! Todd (uma)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome & Sharp ride,

Like the "PT Killer" decals & lic plate
Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 AM

Wowww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by jimpennjr
What headrest monitors did you use and where did you get them? Thanks
Very Nice.

And I was wondering the same thing as jimpennyjr was? ^
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by jimpennjr
What headrest monitors did you use and where did you get them? Thanks
They are TView 7". Got them on E-bay for $146.95 (shipped)...with two remotes.
CLICK HERE TO SEE
Super fast shipping. And best of all....ZERO hassle. They sent me a tracking number right away. Came very well packaged (original box packaged inside a shipping box).

If I had to do it over, I might have splurged and got the set that included the wireless headphones, but I didn't know my headunit would allow the kids to watch a movie while I listen to the radio (it DOES, by the way).
Oh well, the headphones are less than $50 anyway.

Here is a link to the store, just in case:
AUDIOSAVINGS-ELECTRONICS-SUPERSTORE
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Rest In Peace

Question

Putter,
I have a couple questions about these headrest monitors if you don't mind?

I am only asking because I want to place my order for them.

Now that you have them-

How hard/easy is the install?

Do these Swivel inside the headrest for a better viewing angle? Little kids sit Low, and lcd's look bad if not looked at head on.

Do these have built in DVD players, or are just screens?

Are Any visable wires needed to connect the Two units to watch both?

The 9" units with controllers (27 games installed in controllers,wired) and 2 IR headphones and are 12"X9.1"X5 inches and are $212.95 with free shipping.

After getting the 7"s do you think the 9's are worth the extra 60.00 with controllers and headphones? (9's are supposedly better for wide screen format viewing I read on one of the head unit sellers info)

Or do you think they would be too big in the HHR?

I have a 65" HD TV in my 12X12 living room I think it's too small, the wife thinks I am crazy wanting a 73 in there. lol

But then again I won't be sitting in the back watching these either. LOL

I am getting these for a Panel HHR so keep in mind there are no windows for passengers to look out at stuff.

The Model I am looking at from the same seller is the T988PLH-BK.

IF buying again would you buy a Different setup from the seller with Different Features? USB, SD CARD, built in DVD Players?

I would like to get the same Pioneer head unit you have but am looking at a used Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD flip up screen for $200.00. sellers "asking price", of course I will Try for less,lol but not real sure I want a flip up unit as it will block my AC vents.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Putter,
I have a couple questions about these headrest monitors if you don't mind?

I am only asking because I want to place my order for them.

Now that you have them-

How hard/easy is the install? Fairly easy. Metal posts are too tall for our seats, so I removed the screens from the headrests and cut 1.5" off each post. Reinstalled monitors and installed. (The screens just clip into place so they are easy to remove. Work great.

Do these Swivel inside the headrest for a better viewing angle? Little kids sit Low, and lcd's look bad if not looked at head on. Yes they do. Tiltable for tall/short passengers

Do these have built in DVD players, or are just screens? Just screens. I have a 5 & 10 yr old and I didn't want them constantly swapping discs. Like this, I am in control or what/when they watch.

Are Any visable wires needed to connect the Two units to watch both? Single cable leaving each monitor. Ran all cables under the carpet to passenger side under seat for connections.

The 9" units with controllers (27 games installed in controllers,wired) and 2 IR headphones and are 12"X9.1"X5 inches and are $212.95 with free shipping.

After getting the 7"s do you think the 9's are worth the extra 60.00 with controllers and headphones? (9's are supposedly better for wide screen format viewing I read on one of the head unit sellers info) My monitors basically 'touch' the corners of my headrests. 9" will increase the headrest size.

Or do you think they would be too big in the HHR? My monitors basically 'touch' the corners of my headrests. 9" will increase the headrest size.

I have a 65" HD TV in my 12X12 living room I think it's too small, the wife thinks I am crazy wanting a 73 in there. lol

But then again I won't be sitting in the back watching these either. LOL

I am getting these for a Panel HHR so keep in mind there are no windows for passengers to look out at stuff.

The Model I am looking at from the same seller is the T988PLH-BK.

IF buying again would you buy a Different setup from the seller with Different Features? USB, SD CARD, built in DVD Players? If I could do it over, I would get the headphones included. Other than that, I am very happy with them.

I would like to get the same Pioneer head unit you have but am looking at a used Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD flip up screen for $200.00. sellers "asking price", of course I will Try for less,lol but not real sure I want a flip up unit as it will block my AC vents.Personally, I don't like a flip-up. Just me but it just looks more like it was meant to be there.

Thanks.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Yes it did help, Thanks. The swivel feature was mentioned in some setups but not these, so thats very good to know they can be moved.

Now I just gotta decide on the 7's or 9's.

With no windows on the Panels, won't be blocking much view for the Driver as you can only use your Mirrors anyways. lol

I plan on adding a backup camera once I get a head unit.

Which back up system did you get?

I may just order up the Pioneer 4200 from Crutchfield and get the Extras they include and they are an Authorized Pioneer Dealer for Warranty work through Pioneer.

Did the Pioneer install in the HHR easily enough?

Crutchfield did not list it as fitting my HHR?

Thanks again for your reply. That seller has so many setups to choose from all at fair prices too, makes it hard to decide. I may opt Not to get the Games, but the ear phones are a must, so I can still listen to music while driving.

Quick Reply: New Guy...with mods!