Plasti-Dip/Plasti-Dipping A sub-forum for the discussion of Plasti-Dip and its various uses.

Plasti Dip Test Spray with Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Meanie.
Originally Posted by rroadkilll
Spoken from a TRUE New Englander!!!
LOL.... I think

I don't purposely try to offend anyone, but if I think someone does something that looks bad, I'm going to be honest and let them know.

I think it's a lot worse to tell someone "oh ya, that looks great", because you're afraid to hurt their feelings, instead of telling them the truth

I always respect someone more for being honest with me, wether I like what they have to say or not, then someone that just tries to make me feel good by giving false compliments.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:30 PM

Dont know what youre talking about dude, my plasti-dipped wheels look the same as paint or powdercoated if not better. If you take your time and do it right it looks great.

I honestly did it just to see what it would look like before I dropped the cash on powdercoating and they look so good I just left the plasti-dip. Worse case I have to touch them up or respray them. Still saves me hundreds of dollars. Who cares if its lazy, its smart
Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
LOL.... I think

I don't purposely try to offend anyone, but if I think someone does something that looks bad, I'm going to be honest and let them know.

I think it's a lot worse to tell someone "oh ya, that looks great", because you're afraid to hurt their feelings, instead of telling them the truth

I always respect someone more for being honest with me, wether I like what they have to say or not, then someone that just tries to make me feel good by giving false compliments.
Don't take me seriously. If you don't like it, that's fine with me. IMO, I think plasti-dip is one of those things that fall on the line, as it were. If done right, and not overdone, it looks fine. The satisfaction a non-pro DIYer can get from doing it right or just peeling it off if not outweighs what others may think of it. I just like teasing you about your aversion to it.

In the interest of full disclosure, there is no plasti-dip on my car........yet.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member

Oh-oh! Here I sit with 2 of my 4 winter mags freshly sprayed after much sanding, grinding and elbow-grease - and two wheels left to go, and I find this thread. Maybe I'll put the plasti-dip wheels on one side, and leave the ugly (and I mean UGLY) wheels on the other side.

I'm too depressed now to even try and peel the sprayed wheels off.

PS: I do like the look of that blacked out grill
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 AM

Professional results...?

I'm with Rod Run on this if your going to paint something and you show me what your looking to achieve ie a show car paint job like motor city has, i don't think your going to get a look like that with spray cans lets be serious
here maybe for rims or little parts ect... but not a whole car.
Just my 2 cents.
jeff
Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 PM

Where are you guys getting the plasti dip from???

I wanna try some and I wanna paint a bra on my mothers van!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Home depot, Lowes, Osh, etc.

Also,

Dipyourcar.com
Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM

thanks...
Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 PM

I think this is the way I will be going. I want a black out look but never liked the idea of not being able to return to stock, so this is perfect. Any more pictures anyone can share?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM

I've heard mixed reviews about leaving it on for a while... Anyone have an opinion on this???

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Test Spray with Pictures