Plasti-Dip/Plasti-Dipping A sub-forum for the discussion of Plasti-Dip and its various uses.

Plasti Dip Test Spray with Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Talking Plasti Dip Test Spray with Pictures

I test sprayed outside just to get an idea of the texture and ease of the "dipping" process.

Three cans for the hood at $5.75 per can.

After the second coat a leaf landed on A wet spot (go figure) and when I brushed it off I smeared the paint and it dried uneven.

Once it fully dried I took it off. It came all off in one piece and it feels like latex.

This is the look I'm going for...

Over all I am very happy with the out come even though it was just a test. This stuff is amazing in person. I will be "dipping" my car this summer, but next time in doors with a real paint gun. I want to do mine in gunmetal grey.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 PM

What dose this to for the paint?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Plasti dip has the car kit you can buy and it comes with a cheap electric gun. I think it retails for like $250 and comes with all the paint you'll need to do your entire car. Someone over on the Cobalt forums did his balt and I think it took something like 11 cans of plasti dip and like 9 hours...I'd have to find the thread for the exact times and cans. I like the look that Plasti dip gives but some people find it cheap and unprofessional to use. To each his own I guess...
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM

You can't beat $65 a gallon.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/plasti-dip-plasti-dipping-71/plasti-dip-whole-car-40558/
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM

Does Plasti-Dip come in Black? It seems as though it might be useful as a sort of spray-on "bra" to ward off all of the stone chips that HHR's seems to be famous for (mine certainly is).
Old 05-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by kornellred
Does Plasti-Dip come in Black? It seems as though it might be useful as a sort of spray-on "bra" to ward off all of the stone chips that HHR's seems to be famous for (mine certainly is).
That's a really interesting idea. It might even cover existing stone-chips nicely.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM

There is a spray on bra... I got a few cans at walmart!

Here is my grill painted with it... I'll try and find a pic of the can...

Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
some people find it cheap and unprofessional to use. To each his own I guess...
I absolutely do.

I think people put to much effort into "half-assing" stuff they do to their cars, just so their cars can look like something that a 5 year old did

Honestly though, if you need to do something like this to your car, because you can't afford to put real paint on in, or you think "you might change your mind" when it's done..... then maybe you need to be looking at your financial situation a little better, before you even think of spending your money on mods for your car

This is not directed to anyone personally and might have sounded harsh, but it's the truth.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
I absolutely do.

I think people put to much effort into "half-assing" stuff they do to their cars, just so their cars can look like something that a 5 year old did

Honestly though, if you need to do something like this to your car, because you can't afford to put real paint on in, or you think "you might change your mind" when it's done..... then maybe you need to be looking at your financial situation a little better, before you even think of spending your money on mods for your car

This is not directed to anyone personally and might have sounded harsh, but it's the truth.
Meanie.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
I absolutely do.
Spoken from a TRUE New Englander!!!

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Test Spray with Pictures