Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2006 HHR leaking on front passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:36 PM

2006 HHR leaking on front passenger floor

Greetings! I am new to this type of media but really need some help/advice from other HHR owners.

I have an '06 HHR and since 2008, I've been dealing with water leaking on the front passenger floor. I've had the patch under the cowel (sp?) resealed, the AC drain tube thing unclogged periodically and more recently, had the foam gasket replaced.

BUT THERE IS STILL A LEAK!!

Water is POURING onto the front passenger floor. The carpet is saturated. I have soaked up as much as I can with towels and wet-vacced as best I could. My car smells moldy and mildewy. My car is currently in my garage with the carpet pulled up and a box fan blowing on it to hopefully dry it out.

Has anyone else out there had these issues? Any advice on what I can have fixed next?? Is there any recourse with Chevy???

When I first had this problem, my car was still under warranty but the dealer couldn't find anything wrong as they were "unable to duplicate customer concern at this time" or any of the times I brought it in. Once the warranty was up, it was going to be a minimum of $1000 for them to pull the dash and explore repair possibilities.

I'm feeling very frustrated and discouraged. Any help or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!

Please and thank you!!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:52 PM

Welcome to the site

There are many threads on here about water leaks on the 06 cars.

Here is one there are many others just type water leak in the search box at the top of the page.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...t-night-14263/
Old 08-03-2014, 12:02 PM

The butyl patch was re sealed, but when and is it still sealed? Check the rubber wiring conduit between the door and the fender. Sunroof drains?

Can you duplicate the leak with a hose?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

The butyl patch looks sealed to me but I'm not a mechanic! (I teach music for a VERY good reason!) Didn't try replicating with a hose because I already had enough water on the floor.

I don't have a sunroof - so I don't think that's the drain problem.

When I can get my car back to the repair person I'll ask about the rubber wiring conduit.

Has anyone contacted Chevy about this issue? Just wondering if anyone has had any success with customer service....

Thanks again for the replies!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 AM

It's an 8 year old out of production for 3 years vehicle.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member

When one has a valid problem that the dealer is unable to resolve (and a water leak is definitely a valid problem), then one needs to escalate the issue with GM. "Unable to duplicate customer concern at this time" does not mean you do nothing further. If you just keep taking it back with nothing accomplished, you need to escalate it.

But being the vehicle is now several years old, and way off warranty, you are kind of on your own.