Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2009 HHR LT 2.4 ecoengine Rear View mirror wiring harness part number

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 04:49 PM

2009 HHR LT 2.4 ecoengine Rear View mirror wiring harness part number

OK I searched and found a bunch of threads but not the exact thing I'm looking for.

As with many HHR owners mine was a former rental. the build sheet states that it was built with onstar/dimmable/compass rear view mirror but the rental company ended up not using it. So the special mirror is there but no wiring harness/plugin.

My chevy dealers around me are dumbnuts. I asked if they could order the actual wiring harness/plug and pulldown the headliner to power up the mirror. I don't care about the onstar but the compass/dimmable/map lights are what I want/need to have. I was MANSPLAINED by the service advisor that its impossible because of the build sheet rental car company ordering of the car. That its the wrong mirror in there completely and I don't need to have it powered. When I explained that the map lights were STANDARD in the HHR he ignored me.

I've also asked a few radio install places and their eyes glaze over when I ask the same thing from them LOL

*sigh* so I'm looking for the part name/number for the wire harness to power up the mirror for at least the dimmable/compass/map light on the mirror.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Technical Moderator

You have pulled the headliner down and no wires? I am pretty sure the harness is not separate from the main bundle, it should be up there.

You have a "shark fin" antenna on the rear of the roof? That is the OnStar and XM/Sirius antenna.

You have DD8 on the glovebox label? Dimmable mirror.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Mansplained, the rat ba$tard, there has to be a harness somewhere.
I adapted the autodim , compass mirror into my LS , from 11 to a 3 wire harness, piece of cake, to bad your not closer to Buffalo
Old 10-20-2018, 07:08 PM

hiya,

Donbrew,
Yes it was an onstar/xm radio on build sheet but I DONT have the fin on the back just the normal antenna on the front. The rental company removed that stuff. Right now I have an after market XM radio in there.
I can not pull down the headliner hence why I was trying to out source that repair :)
Unknown if the DD8 is on the glovebox label.

OldBlue,
Right now I have just a mirror and no wires and unable to check under the headliner. I have no idea if there is wire under there or not. The dealer refused to even look.
I'm currently near Canandaigua, NY so a trip to Buffalo isn't too bad LOL! I'm serious!
Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 PM
Technical Moderator

Why can't you put your finger up there and pull it down a bit? There is nothing holding it up besides the window garnish molding. Remove the "airbag" plug and remove the bolt under it.

I am handicapped, so I understand if that's why.

Last edited by donbrew; 10-20-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Cananduigua! I just passed thru there , stopped at the Starbucks on Route 5/ 20
Old 10-21-2018, 09:02 PM

Donbrew

Yes I am disabled and so is my partner. So we are limited at what we can do :)

OldBlue

We were just up in Batavia the other night to eat at Long Johns Silvers LOL
Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Technical Moderator

Well, then all we can say is the wire should be there and you will have to find someone that can get a finger up there and pull it down enough to find it. I can't think of any reason anyone would unplug it, much less, cut the wire. I don't know of any reason anyone would take the shark fin either, that would just leave a hole in the roof. I am guessing that they removed the OnStar and Sirius/XM modules.

Well, there is one reason: the car was flooded or stolen at some point and they took everything out that might get a buck on the market. There might be other surprises like missing airbags etc. I have never heard of a rental company paying for stuff then tearing it out when they could order it without those things and not pay for them. That sounds bogus to me.

GM shops don't work for free so I'm not surprised they refused to look. Maybe a neighbor could be talked into sticking thei finger up there and pulling it down an inch, I have asked mine for sillier sounding favors; life is a b**** when you can't do the simplest stuff for yourself. I need help getting socks on and forget shoes.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 PM

Donbrew, I was willing to PAY for the service at the dealership. The Service Advisor knew all and argued with me about it. I took the HHR to them for this but ended up having recall stuff done. I have no hole in my roof, I just don't have the fin. ANd yes I believe the modules were just removed before delivery to the rental place. Car wasn't stolen or anything, THANK YOU to carfax for that info LOL

So yea I'll have to try to find a wire but I want to be prepared if it doesn't exist ( like it was removed prior to delivery to rental place) so that's why I wanted the part number so I could order it. DOn't want to order it from a dealer and pay through the nose
Old 10-22-2018, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Can you post a picture of the back of your rear view mirror?

Quick Reply: 2009 HHR LT 2.4 ecoengine Rear View mirror wiring harness part number