Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2009 HHR LT 2.4 ecoengine Rear View mirror wiring harness part number

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Technical Moderator

Look at the label on the glovebox door for codes UE1 and DD8. Here are the connectors for each option. I think you are the victim of used car salesman BS.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Why can't you put your finger up there and pull it down a bit? There is nothing holding it up besides the window garnish molding. Remove the "airbag" plug and remove the bolt under it.
I am handicapped, so I understand if that's why.
Is there a major difference in the 2008 & 2009 for the Airbag assemblies?
I just removed my headliner today, A & B Pillars and didn't encounter any Airbag plugs or assemblies. in headliner, above doors or pillars.
I"m assuming the 2008 has dash airbags only.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Technical Moderator

if you had them the hole plugs on the A pillar would have "airbag".
Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 PM

Update

So on a whim I brought my hhr back to the crappy
dealer and acted stupid and asked them via a different service advisor to power my rearview mirror.

$99 later the official word was I need a NEW HEADLINER (over 1K parts/labor) to power my rear view mirror. There is no wiring underneath the headliner for it and the harness connected to the current headliner that runs to the power source "isn't what is supposed to be there for my year". They claim you'd have to put the correct headliner in to have the correct harness AND then order the wiring to the mirror. They as a dealer won't jury-rig anything with the existing headliner.

WTF?!?!?!

OMG I will drive my damn car to anyone here in Central/Western/SouthernTier NYS and pay you to do this!!

*Sigh*

Last edited by banach95; 04-18-2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Swear word
Old 04-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Yes Easy peasey, I installed a mirror, converted from a 3 wire connector to 11 pin.

Insimply ran a power power wire to the fuse panel in the console, to power the compass and auto dimmer feature.

I purchased a used harness from my local pick a part. I bought the mirror from VinceP a member of our site.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:35 PM
Technical Moderator

There is no wiring built into the headliner!!! RUN!!!!!!!

A dealership would not be prepared to add a wire that did not come with the car. That is called after-market hacking.

If you are not capable of running a wire to it I am sure your local alarm system installer would do it.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 PM

Yea, that's why they wanted to puit in a new headliner.

My problem is according to the build sheet it was to have dimmable/compass/OnStar/bluetooth mirror BUT it was a rental car and they declined the OnStar/bluetooth portion so the mirror is there but no wires to be had

I've had bad service from 2 local aftermarket stereo/alarm/camera places so I can't go there This is above my pay grade. I can order the wiring but can't jury-rig it to the existing harness in my headliner and/or run it to a fuse box instead.

Help! I'm serious, somebody tell me what parts to order and I'll grab it and pay to have someone to do it
Old 04-18-2019, 10:05 PM
Technical Moderator

I don't know what you think you are calling a "build sheet" but it is not for your car. The installed options are on the glove box door, that's why I asked about that earlier; DD8 means light sensitive mirror, U2K means XM/Sirius, UE0 means NO OnStar, UE1 mean has OnStar. The mirror would not be there if the wiring was not, I am guessing that somebody replaced the mirror that came with the car.

We have told you what parts to get earlier in this thread.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:18 PM

Build sheet is what Chevy pulls up via the VIN number to show the specs the car was built with, who ordered the car, where it was built, when it was built etc. That's how I know what package my car has (example it has an upgraded stereo system, chrome features, rims etc)

The mirror was not replaced, it matches the build sheet of what the car was meant to come with, but the car rental place (Alamo or Hertz, can't remember right now) who ordered the car had the Bluetooth and OnStar removed.

I will look at the thing you all speak of in the glove box.

I see the wire harness in the comments but again I DON'T HAVE A CLUE of HOW to do this!!! I can order what's in the picture but going to pick a part to get more wiring from under the headliner is beyond what I can do which is why I asked about a part number.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm not unsure/not comfortable doing work that's outside of my knowledge. Changing out headlight assemblies, swapping out a radio I can do. That's the extent of my ability.

Have a good night
Old 04-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Technical Moderator

To remove BT and OnStar all that is needed is to remove the OnStar box located behind the LR trim panel. They would not go to the trouble of pulling the headliner out and separating the wires out of the body harness and then patching the hole left by the shark fin antenna then re painting it. That would cost a lot more than the resale value of the OnStar.

If your VIN is not printed on this "build sheet" it is the generic option sheet for a 2LT that used car weasels use.

My bet is that there is a 7 pin connector pushed up under the headliner that you could probably fish out with your fingers. It will be there if DD8 and UE1 are not on the glove box label. If you find UE0 OnStar was NOT installed. If OnStar was installed there will be a 16 pin connector.

The 7 pin connector details are in post #11. You probably could use the "Courtesy Lamp Supply Voltage" as the 12V source for the Compass and the dimmer. Just splicing wires into the 16 pin connector. For the auto dimming you may need to run a wire from the Back up light.wire on the BCM.

Find someone that can solder wires. They should be able to look at post #11 and figure it out. A new headliner harness would not help you would also need a complete body harness to plug it into.

Quick Reply: 2009 HHR LT 2.4 ecoengine Rear View mirror wiring harness part number