Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Air Condition Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
BTW: My service department appreciated me bringing in the TSB. I felt a little weird at first, and didn't want them to think I was doing their job, but it was helpful to them.
I would have absolutely no hesitation bring a copy of a TSB in. Better they think I am doing their job than a whole bunch of inconvenient trips....
Old 09-03-2006, 06:04 PM

Back in July we took the HHR to the Dealer to check out why the A/C didn't seem to be draining any condensate. I also wanted them to check out the whining noise. Well, they answered the "Non-Peeing" problem (I guess?), but they didn't do anything about the noise. In fact the Service Advisor said he didn't hear anything when he took the car out into the repair area. So nothing more was done about it. Well last Friday I actually got to drive the HHR up to the muffler shop. It was the first time I drove it since we bought it a year ago!! Anyway, the A/C was definitely making noise and as soon as I shut it off the noise was gone! So, I'm going to make sure this guy gets the parts ordered, whether he hears it or not!
My Wife says the noise doesn't bother her , and she's the one that uses it, but it bothers me 'cause I know it shouldn't be doing it!
What I don't understand is, "How do these particular parts cause the whining/growling noise in the first place"
Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
I printed it out, brought it to the service department and said "My AC is making noise, and I believe this is the fix". They told me they'd look at it and let me know. They ordered the parts for me, now I'm just waiting for them.

BTW: My service department appreciated me bringing in the TSB. I felt a little weird at first, and didn't want them to think I was doing their job, but it was helpful to them.
I felt the same way, but in the end my service dept. was also happy I had the TSB.