Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Almost 1 Year and no problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:42 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Almost 1 Year and no problems...

We purchased ours on September 17, 2005 and we've experienced no problems what-so-ever.

One problem that's not related to the mechanical side of the car, is the tires. We had our tire slashed on the sidewall, and the dealership said that Firestone didn't have any tires available for after-market purhcase... apparently they (Firestone) only made enough to equip each HHR with only 4 tires.

We finally got one from a tire shop here in Modesto (they found one tire in Nevada and had it FedEdex overnight). So, if you are fortunate enough to not have to replace your Firestone's on your HHR, then I would suggest maybe purchasing 4 new tires (other than Firestone). I was looking at Pirelli's as another option for the Firestone had we not been able to get one.

And yes, we rode on the donut for almost a week until the new one got here.

Knock-on-wood, we have had no problems and we just adore the little Sport Utility Wagon.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:55 PM

What a coincidence. I bought mine on Sept 17, 2005 also. I have just over 15000 miles and have had no problems either
Old 09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Deceased

shaggy is 10-1 and couple of small problems, nothing to take it in and i fixed both.

23500 miles as of now
Old 09-10-2006, 10:16 PM

Mine is coming up on a year now as well. Sept 23 was the day I picked mine up. I had the same problem with a sidewall puncture. I could not find a replacement firestone either. I replaced mine with a bridgestone tire. Haven't noticed a difference in the ride but it's supposed to have a stiffer, firmer sidewall. Had to get the bridgestones because my tire went down as we were about to go away on a 1500 kilometer trip. Talk about bad luck.

I've had almost no problems with the exception of my express close not working properly for my sunroof. Still hasn't been address because the dealer can not replicate the problem (sounds like garbage to me becuase 90% of the time mine does not close properly.) My brakes have started to squeal recently and will need to get that check this up coming oil change. Just rolled over 20,000 kilometers today.

Happy birthday/delivery anniversary to y'all,
Mike
Old 09-10-2006, 10:25 PM

I have 16K and I have tire and rim ins. But i'm not sure if they will cover it. I too have a chip off the tire.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:36 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by modestohhrclub
We purchased ours on September 17, 2005 and we've experienced no problems what-so-ever.
The Modesto HHR Club. You mean there are real people in that club?

I emailed you all 3 times over a 3 week period. I even emailed several of you in the club about a run to Solvang last May, hoping for at least a Hi.". No one in your club even responded... I thought maybe you all were a "us 4 and no more" group.

It's good to see you actually are there.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:38 PM

for all you 1 year olds... is the ride as quiet now as it was when new?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
It certainly is... of course, We noticed every little sound the first few months... and then it just all became quiet.

If there's a word better than 'perfect' to describe our little ride, then that's what it is.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
I developed a few rather annoying rattles at one point. They seem to have went away and it was my own fault that they happened. Took the HHR up a 10 mile long logging road which was full of holes and ruts in order to get out to a private hot spring. The guy handled the rocky and rough road fairly well but it needed to be done gingerly so as to not rip off any of the body work.

I was going to take it into the dealer about the rattles when I got back and cleaned the vehicle of all the dust but the rattles went away on their own.