Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

brake warning / low brake fluid / ABS fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I noticed today when I got in my car it said "Brake Fluid" and chimed. I looked, brake fluid was fine, and brakes worked. When I got home I played some more, and noticed it does it ONLY when I put my foot on the brake and push it all the way down BEFORE I start the car, and while the car is starting. If I don't have my foot on the brake, it doesn't do it. I was pushing the brake and leaning while the car was starting and buckling my seatbelt, so I was applying pressure, and I guess that's what triggered it.

Just thought I'd post too.
You need a new brake fluid reservoir. That will stop the problem. It may get worse too; mine(06) would chime the first few times I stopped in below 0 weather after awhile.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Ok, thanks. I see that ChevyMgr, you had a big post about it all, but does anyone know a TSB number for this issue?

I think I'll wait a bit until I would ever go in for this, since I've been in twice already to have things fixed on my car...lol

Thanks for the help guys! I really do appreciate it!

Eric
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Forgive me too if one of those numbers you listed ChevyMgr was the TSB number, but I wasn't sure... I just figure it may come in handy when I take it into the dealer. Maybe this time I'll take it to a different dealer.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Same issue. Last dealer put my childlocks back in backwards so they only open from the back... Not safe.
They did not rewire the undercarriage light right and it shorted a fuse so NO lights on the back worked. Missed work, paid 8000 for the car and was too broke to fix it. Both headlights died due to another fuse problem on thanksgiving day. My whole dash has refused to light up, stick shift lights included. Everything is random, except my radio has not worked since day 1. I sing Adam Sandler songs to myself while driving, instead. My sensors in the hub assembly routinely die. This is uncomfortable, scary, and very expensive for no good reason.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Technical Moderator

Welcome!

Sorry, find a GOOD mechanic. Whoever you have been throwing money at isn't worth your time.

I don't know what "Same issue" could mean on the end of a thread that died more than 8 years ago and was started 10 years ago as somebody complaining about service.

If you are looking for advice about fixing your problem please start a new thread stating your specific problems.

If you are just complaining about GM or a dealership go somewhere else.

We have absolutely no connection to GM.

This thread is now CLOSED.