Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

car rev's up on it's own???? Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Uma
My "06" has done that forever. A little surge, she wants to run LOL. I have felt that there is no danger, so why take it in. Once you take it in...it will want to return. Mine has never been in for any service whatsoever. Knock on wood! Well, oil changes etc. of course. Todd (Uma)
I do worry about that, they won't get it right and back in it goes but my car was fine until today. Thanks y'all for helping me figure this out, I will let y'all know what they come up with (carmax service/repair dept)

Last edited by purity D; 03-04-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: mispelled car
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

Good Luck w/everything & Be careful..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I've been wondering if this was more of a "surging" than a "revs up" which I would say are two different things. Mine has done a surging a few times when stopping for a light and then "rocked" a bit as if it might stall between "surges" (as if that makes sense ) The times it's done this were right after shutting of the AC as I was braking for a light and braking for a light right after accelerating. Both times it was like the computer was doing a "WTF dude, make up your mind".... also both times were before I switched to 93 octane.... hasn't done it since.

May or may not be what the OP is talking about.....
Hmm, I have been filling it up with 89 octane ( gas prices are ridiculous here in L.A) wonder if this may be the culprit. I have to fill up again tomorrow so I will shell out for the higher grade and see how it runs the weekend!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:44 PM

Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 PM

Mine does that at times but it's usually because my foot on the brake is touching the accelerator pedal. Not much room for size 14 feet in there.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 AM

Mine too

Originally Posted by Uma
My "06" has done that forever. A little surge, she wants to run LOL. I have felt that there is no danger, so why take it in. Once you take it in...it will want to return. Mine has never been in for any service whatsoever. Knock on wood! Well, oil changes etc. of course. Todd (Uma)
At operating temperature - while stopped at light, foot on brake - car gently nudges forward a few times and stops. Does it alot but not regularly. Also right at the 40mph sweet spot, now it gently surges and I can see the tach bounce in time with the surge. Almost like it's looking for the right gear to be in - I've accelerated up to 45ish quickly then backed off once it went into OD. All good until we get right at 40 again - same surge.

Again like my stop light dealio, it's not all the time. I've literally wrote a blow by blow account for the techs. Time of day, speed, road details, temp etc etc etc. Does no good. Techs these days are rely so much on scanning for codes, they dont do anything if there isnt a code. I asked for a reflash, they said it didnt need it. I asked again, adding what can it hurt. Well it didnt happen. I basically have resolved that it will have to break before anything can be done. I gave them the car, a full tank of gas and expressly told them to take the car home, drive it all over hell and back. I dont expect any gas in it -4 days later, they drove it 25 miles and have no clue still. I drive it with the tech, re-create the surge and it's OBVIOUS - dude says he didnt feel a thing. Same thing about the console that's noisey. I says "you dont hear that console creaking?" he says no not really, its the leather creaking, etc. WTF????