Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Door lock problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Question Door lock problems

Hey, My wife recently totaled our 07 LS and I have since replaced it with an 08 1LT. Have been working out the kinks. Fixed leaky tires. Rear drum had an adjuster jump off. Had a PO102 and PO113 code so I cleaned the MAF and replaced the air filter. Code gone. Then PO010 showed up. Replaced both VVT solenoids. Door locks were working but have quit. Key fob wasn't working so I cleaned it and remote start is working now but wont unlock or lock doors. Can try to lock from inside but get a triple ding. Security light wont blink either. Checked the fuse and it's good. Looking for a fix. TPMS not working either. Just shows _ _ on all 4 tires. Suspect the batteries are dead in the sensors. Adding to this, I went thru the DIC and set everything the way it should be. Doors won't lock when pulling out nor do they unlock when put in park.

Last edited by hillbilly4u; 01-01-2021 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added details
Old 01-02-2021, 06:26 AM
Administrator

The RCDLR module needs to be reflashed, and Those TMPS need to be replaced.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member

Read this TSB. Post #55. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...d-23231/page6/
Old 01-02-2021, 08:09 AM

That would be post #55 in that thread TSB #08-03-16-001b
Old 01-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the replies. So I read the TSB, Should I replace the tpms wheel sensors and get a new Fob before I take to dealer for the reflash? Also, would the RCDLR be causing all the problems I listed? With the Fob I have, the lock and unlock buttons make the car horn and the lights flash but dont do anything else and none of the inside buttons work either. It controls the security arming also?
Old 01-02-2021, 11:20 AM
Administrator

The RCDLR controls the door locks, sets the security alarm and monitors the tire pressure sensors, at this age the TPMS batteries are most likely dead, so yes replace them.
check the FOB , is the battery cage intact? Are the button contacts clean? Worn out?
Old 01-02-2021, 11:21 AM

Manual available via the link in my sig.
See page 2-18 for how to arm the security and what the light means.
Strange that RS works but door lock doesn't since the RS button is a combination Panic+Lock. I might suspect a previous owner messed with some wires.
The fob is sending a signal and the RCDLR is receiving a signal, but the RCDLR doesn't know what to do with it. (firmware).
May or may not fix the TPMS, but it is 12 years old, life expectancy of the batteries is 10 years.

To clarify: You can't lock all doors using the driver door button or the driver door plunger?

This is an important question: can you use the fob to reset the TPMS positions? Doing that may fix the -- ; if it does work you don't need the firmware update.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Update. Been working with it off and on today. The fuse on 26 for door locks looked good visually. Wouldn't read on a meter so I replaced with a new one. Inside door locks work now and unlock when you shift to park. Fob works on lock, unlock and remote start. Security light flashes when I use the fob to lock but it is a fast flash instead of 3 second intervals as the manual says that a double push arms immediately. After 30 seconds it goes to 3 second intervals like the manual says. So I guess a bad fuse caused all this mayhem. Hopefully. Security light does not come on using lock all doors from inside. Held the lock and unlock button down to see if it would enter program mode for tpms. Horn honked twice. I havent had time to see if it will program. Figure was wasting time doing that before replacing the wheel sensors first.

Last edited by hillbilly4u; 01-02-2021 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added details
Old 01-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
The RCDLR controls the door locks, sets the security alarm and monitors the tire pressure sensors, at this age the TPMS batteries are most likely dead, so yes replace them.
check the FOB , is the battery cage intact? Are the button contacts clean? Worn out?

Fob is well used. Cage is intact. Ordered the pad fix from KeylessFix. Try it and see if it will work.

Will these work or are they junk?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-GM-TPMS...1851#vi-ilComp
Old 01-02-2021, 04:49 PM

Does the hatch lock? If not look in the underhood fuse box; make sure position #11 is vacant.

Quick Reply: Door lock problems