Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Dreaded Key Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Dreaded Key Stuck

Well I stopped to get gas on the way home today and the SS would not turn off. UGH Pulled the BCM fuse to shut it down once home and had it towed to the dealer tonight and hopefully they fix it quickly tomorrow. 1st real problem with it in 3 years so can't complain to much.

And Yes I got the letter but had not had time to get it in.

Last edited by celblazer; 07-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by celblazer
Well I stopped to get gas on the way home today and the SS would not turn off. UGH Pulled the BSM fuse to shut it down once home and had it towed to the dealer tonight and hopefully they fix it quickly tomorrow. 1st real problem with it in 3 years so can't complain to much.

And Yes I got the letter but had not had time to get it in.
Please, let me know how things go when you get your HHR back. I hope everything will go smoothly.

Have a great weekend.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Got mine changed today, before it did it.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Well the tow company and the dealer Chevrolet or Turnersville came through. Great communication and the car was done by 2:30pm today. The shuttle service was here quick to pick me up.

So all in all a good experience. If you haven't got the recall done yet get on it. No fun not being able to shut it down.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Ha... Guess my dealership ripped me off!!! That happened to me in March, took it to dealership the upcoming Monday when they reopened... No recall, no warranty, no help from GM customer service even though I knew about the issues... Only after reading about them on here of course... Paid $70 to tow it, $360 to fix it! Fought with GM till June about a refund... No help there! Love my HHR, but needless to say I HATE CUSTOMER CARE and I'm no longer allowed at dealership! Well the dealership happened afterwards when the oil tech did not reset oil life, didn't rotate tires, didnt top off fluids... Basically drained oil and filled with new oil and tossed me the keys... Needless to say when you go back to the dealership and complain about something THEY did wrong, instead of fixing it.... They just tell you to leave and find somewhere else to get it done!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 PM

You should get be able to your money back. My letter stated if I already had the work they would reimburse me. Came with an attached form. If you need a copy let me know.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 AM

I need a copy, I have never received the letter, maybe they sent it to the old address!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM

I didn't know of a current recall?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 AM

@Capone, if you have the receipts from you had this done, you can get reimbursement for this. The dealership will process the forms for you.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Capone
Ha... Guess my dealership ripped me off!!! That happened to me in March, took it to dealership the upcoming Monday when they reopened... No recall, no warranty, no help from GM customer service even though I knew about the issues... Only after reading about them on here of course... Paid $70 to tow it, $360 to fix it! Fought with GM till June about a refund... No help there! Love my HHR, but needless to say I HATE CUSTOMER CARE and I'm no longer allowed at dealership! Well the dealership happened afterwards when the oil tech did not reset oil life, didn't rotate tires, didnt top off fluids... Basically drained oil and filled with new oil and tossed me the keys... Needless to say when you go back to the dealership and complain about something THEY did wrong, instead of fixing it.... They just tell you to leave and find somewhere else to get it done!
Were you able to submit the form for reimbursement in June or did something else take place to get your money back?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Dreaded Key Stuck