Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Dropped Violet at the dealership this morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM

Red face Dropped Violet at the dealership this morning

Today is the big day. I took ChevyMgr's advice (see first post on page 2 of my "hell in a handbasket" thread) and made arrangements to get to the dealership on Monday morning before 10am, but they wouldn't take her that day. I detailed it all in that same thread on page 3 if you're interested. It kinda got lost in a thread h/j of sorts (which is fine)

But I just have to laugh. When I got Violet I got two remotes and one key. That day I couldn't get one of the remotes to work. I fiddled with it, my husband fiddled with it...nothing. Complained to the salesman, he tried it and it worked! A few weeks later I need to use the "extra" remote and the same thing happened, completely dead. Wouldn't work it at all. I switched back to my primary remote, put the extra aside and forgot about it. So, when I was at the dealer on Monday I tracked my salesman down and got him to get me an extra key cut. The new extra key starts the car just fine.

So, this morning I decide that I'll just use the new key and extra remote instead of taking my keys apart so that I'm not leaving my house key with the dealer. I get outside and try to use the remote to unlock Violet. Nothing happens. None of the buttons work, not even the panic button. No worries, I think to myself, they can fix that today too. I try to unlock her with my new key. Nope. It will turn to lock it but will not unlock. Typical. When I got up there I had Joe add both issues to the workorder. He tried both the remote and the key (they didn't work for him either) and seemed a little surprised but at least the remote didn't decide to work for him and make me look like a moron.

Joe said if I don't hear from him before 4pm, I should call him and if Violet won't be ready by 5pm, Joe will hook me up with Enterprise and they'll bring me a rental car. If she is ready today I'm going to grill them about what they actually did, IF ANYTHING, I do not think this can all be done in one day especially considering that they hadn't even moved Violet when I left at 9:15. With the additional issues of the key and remote it's a list of 13 issues (I included the safety recall repair just to get it over with) There is no way in hell they have all the necessary parts in stock. I really don't think I'll get her back today. And like ChevyMgr told me, he strongly suspects I'll have to talk to the Service Manager before all is said and done.

So far, it's gone well and everyone has been pleasant and helpful. Of course no one has actually looked at Violet yet...