Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Flex pipe warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 05:15 PM

Question Flex pipe warranty

I know the flex pipe is covered under warranty. I want to know is it still covered if you have a cat back system? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member

Copied this from the owners manual. I would guess it's all in how your dealer wants to interpret it.

Damage to vehicle components resulting from the
installation or use of non-GM certified parts, including
control module modifications, is not covered under
the terms of the vehicle warranty and may affect
remaining warranty coverage for affected parts.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Copied this from the owners manual. I would guess it's all in how your dealer wants to interpret it.

Damage to vehicle components resulting from the
installation or use of non-GM certified parts, including
control module modifications, is not covered under
the terms of the vehicle warranty and may affect
remaining warranty coverage for affected parts.
Thank you for the reply. I have an appointment for the recall work to be done I guess I'll find out then. Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Administrator

the flex pipe is part of the cat converter , 8 years or 80,000 miles but the cat had to fail to have it replaced. I just replaced mine
Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Banned

I had my flex-pipe fail and was replaced under warranty. 08 1LT.. This was a year ago now, and was 81k miles. They were nice. Also, bone stock here.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:08 PM

Hi Reaper’s Ride,

I will be glad to look further into your warranty question. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or failure resulting from modification, alteration or suspected tampering, to the vehicle's original equipment as manufactured or assembled by General Motors. Any changes to the GM Powertrain, Fuel, or Emission Systems that involve modifications, conversions, or the addition of non-GM approved products will void the GM Powertrain Limited. GM will not be responsible for costs associated with the repair of these vehicles due to failure of the aftermarket installed components or failures of related vehicle systems induced by these non-GM approved products. Furthermore, if determined appropriate, the GM Field Representative can proceed with voiding certain portions of the vehicle’s warranty. I understand that you have an appointment at your dealership for a Recall on your vehicle. Please let us know if we can contact your dealership on your behalf regarding this concern. We can be reached via private message if needed. We look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Kristen A. The warranty that covers the flex pipe/catalytic converter is an industry wide warranty, not a GM warranty. It's the 96 month/80000 mile federal emission/catalytic converter/PCM warranty. GM (or any manufacturer) can (and probably will) void they warranty if the find non OEM parts in the affected system. Here's a link to an old post that shows the invoice from when we had ours replaced under warranty. (Also a stock 2.4)

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...36/#post669860
Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Smile

Thanks everyone I appreciate it! My local dealer said they would fix it under the warranty.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:38 AM

Sounds like you and I both have good dealerships. From what I've read, that's about a 50-50 proposition with GM....
Old 05-14-2014, 03:43 PM

Hi db/sb,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Thank you for providing that link. I will be sure to document it within our system. If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to let us know!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Flex pipe warranty