Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fuel Pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Fuel Pump issues

Hi guys, see if you have heard about this one yet!
I have a 08 HHR SS stick.
Over the past 6 months, i have had to get this thing towed
to the dealorship 4 times!!...as you can imagin, not a happy camper here!

It seems that the dealor is saying i have fuel pump problems, they replaced the whole assembly in the tank, and recently replaced the high pressure pump on the engine, and i was told by the repair tech who said "we got it this time"
well guess what...it happened again...was done college for the day, and went out to the car, go it and started it up, the RPM indicator fluctuates up and down, up and down, till the car shuts off, when this occures, "engine power reduced" is displayed. usually when this happends it will not re-start at all, it just winds, but this time i actually got it to start after leaving it for about a hour, mainly because i was just so pissed at the stupid thing.

The repairs obviously havent cured the problem, and i was wondering if any one here has had fuel related problems.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member

Can't help specifically with your problem But,

I would suggest calling the Chevrolet Customer Service, whose telephone number is in the back of your Owners Book. I'd provide the number but I believe Canada and the U.S. have 2 different numbers.

In any event, explain your concerns and the CONTINUAL problem. They may provide some addition assistance with correcting the probably.....APPROPRIATELY.