Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

FUSE for power mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 PM

FUSE for power mirrors

Hi - I've searched everywhere for the fuse that operates the power mirrors. Ones on neither side work; but every other item in the cluster located on the drivers side arm rest works properly. (I checked the owners manual and I can't see where it showed it anywhere there either.)
I haven't been able to find out "what" fuse works the mirrors (if it is one just for the mirrors or if it pairs with something else) nor have I been able to find a video of how to dis-assemble the door to get a look inside there either in case it's not the fuse..??
I "assume" the fuse that moves the mirrors work "just the exterior mirrors" since everything else works.
What light might someone be able to shed on this issue I am having so I can get it solved. It's a pain in the butt to not be able to adjust the mirrors to their proper position to see traffic coming up from behind. It's "close" but not perfect and I'd like to get it fixed. THANKS
Old 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM

The mirror switches are notorious in their failure.

Hard to believe you can't find a youtube or directions on this site. Both exist and are not hidden.

I am assuming that you know how to use the selector switch. Left for left, right for right, center off.

"door panel removal" in the search returned this one among 1,050 others.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...40/#post249849

GoOgle returned this one for "hhr door"

Now I need to take a nap, that was a lot of typing!
Old 10-17-2016, 04:50 PM

Oh it's fuse #21 under the hood.

How does one "search everywhere" and not find anything? Did you look at the TOC and notice the "electrical system" section (for 2011 it is page 6-102) There you find the 2 fuse box diagrams (which are the same diagrams pasted to the bottom of the fuse box cover).

Do you have an Owner Manual? There is a link in my sig.

Have you even tried to move the mirror with your hand?
Old 10-17-2016, 04:51 PM

Owner's manual says fuse #21 underhood is "mirror". I just went out to my 2009 and pulled the fuse, and it disabled the side mirror adjustment.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:51 PM

Be nice Guys. He is now either too busy reading or is now using the search
function trying to find a rock for cover. LOL
Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Oldblue......

Your diagram above indicates #14, Power Mirror (2A). Could that be the mirror fuse?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:33 PM

Actually I'm NEITHER too busy reading or looking for a rock to hide under.
When I said my searches (here especially) turned up nothing - that's what I actually got. In fact the exact wording was "No Results"... I tried a couple different wordings and all came up with the same - Maybe the site was haywire; maybe I should of used less detail; but that's what I got. I could of given a specific lengthy questions when I first wrote; but I figured I'd just try and keep it short and less cluttered.

Anyway; enough of that. You all bring up different points I was curious about.
1) as pointed out by different people #21 appears to be a mirror fuse; AS DOES fuse #14. I simply was curious which ONE would be the one that applied to the outside mirrors. I changed fuse #21 and it didn't seem to help. I know my rear view mirror also has "stuff" on it and no doubt it requires 'juice' to make them work also.
2) I was curious about what actual incidents people MAY of had with their own systems is also a reason I posted the question. Donbrew briefly touched on a possible solution that maybe the "switch is bad" in his first sarcastic comment. I was curious what problems people have encountered having to replace the switch; removing the door panel; etc. As with everything there is always an "easy" way to do things; and if someone knows an easy way there is no sense having to reinvent the wheel each time.
Maybe I'm wrong; but I thought that was the whole point of this little group we have assembled here. If I'm mistaken I appoligize. Thanks to anyone who cares to give an answer.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:12 AM
Platinum Member

Oh here we go again........... "sarcastic"? He pointed out that the switches are notorious for failure.... and he even posted a link for you that shows how the door panel comes apart.

And yes, that help IS the point of this little group we have assembled here.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:00 AM
Platinum Member

Oldblue.
Is that the correct fuse diagram you posted above ? Doesn't look like the one in the HHR owners manual.

FUSE for power mirrors-screenshot-11-.png
Old 10-19-2016, 10:31 AM

The Owner Manual is confusing they put the label for the diagrams in odd places. You have to look at all 3 pages to be certain what you are looking at.

Not sarcastic, blunt.

On both my 2008 and 2011 it was possible to adjust the mirrors the "old fashioned" way. As I noted earlier.

This is the wiring schematic for 2007:
Attached Thumbnails FUSE for power mirrors-2007mirror.png  

Quick Reply: FUSE for power mirrors