Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fuses Keep Blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:51 PM

Question Fuses Keep Blowing

Found this post on the bottom of the How-To-Guide for checking for loose fuses. Figure this might be better here, as it's a problem/issue and others may experience this in the future. Not sure what the answer is, so will throw it out to someone with some expertise.

Originally Posted by Gambler
I did this right after you first posted this message. I have a fuse related question though. Is anyone else blowing fuses? I have blown 4 now. Brake lights, cig lighter, dash lights, and dome light.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM

Cig Fuse Blown

Originally Posted by Gambler
I did this right after you first posted this message. I have a fuse related question though. Is anyone else blowing fuses? I have blown 4 now. Brake lights, cig lighter, dash lights, and dome light.
Gambler

Last week my wife said the charger for her cell phone would not work in the cig outlet. I checked the fuse (15amp) and it was blown. I use my iPod charger in it all of the time and it worked great so I suspected a short in her charger. I haven't tried her charger since, I told her to try the 20amp one behind the front seat console, but I don't think she has yet. I also just returned from a 2200 mile road trip and I checked my fuses and a few of them were loose. I checked all of them before I left so I am a little concerned about them vibrating loose. I don't know if there is a problem or not but will look forward to hearing from other members.