Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Getting Flashed By Oncoming Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Not sure whether non-halogen lights exist anymore either, but i've noticed that mine (stock)are brighter than alot of cars on the road, and the adjustment is fine. They are brighter, no other way around it.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
It is a nice thing to do to warn other drivers of the dreaded "hide-a-cop". But, be careful they can actually write you a ticket for warning other drivers.
It's not illegal here. Although I still wait till I'm pretty well past the "hide a cop".
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
It's not illegal here. Although I still wait till I'm pretty well past the "hide a cop".
Might want to check the ordinances again http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ing+headlights. I like the one quote from Florida Trooper they will find something to write you up for it if they want.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Might want to check the ordinances again http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ing+headlights. I like the one quote from Florida Trooper they will find something to write you up for it if they want.
Yep, a small part of why I no longer reside in Fla.

Here's a little sample of how things are here:

Robert Siegel talks with Harlie "Bill" Walker, from Franklin, Tenn. Mr. Walker flashed his car headlights at other motorists this past August to warn of a speed trap ahead. The city said Walker had violated an ordinance, and fined him $10 plus court costs. He and a town attorney appealed to the circuit court, where Judge Russ Heldman cleared Walker of all charges, saying that flashing lights to warn of a police officer is protected by the First Amendment.

Last edited by sleeper; 02-02-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Yep, a small part of why I no longer reside in Fla.

Here's a little sample of how things are here:

Robert Siegel talks with Harlie "Bill" Walker, from Franklin, Tenn. Mr. Walker flashed his car headlights at other motorists this past August to warn of a speed trap ahead. The city said Walker had violated an ordinance, and fined him $10 plus court costs. He and a town attorney appealed to the circuit court, where Judge Russ Heldman cleared Walker of all charges, saying that flashing lights to warn of a police officer is protected by the First Amendment.
You go Bill!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 AM

I get flashed so much I keep my left pinky out when approaching oncoming traffic at night. My headlights are set right but the roads are filled with idiot drivers
Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 PM

If you have the extra fog/driving lights keep em on. Most people know that when both headlights and fogs are on you have low beams on.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 PM

Thanks for all the replies - Checked the aiming of my headlights last night. I found, that at a distance of 8' away, the drivers side was aimed about 1-1/2" higher than the passenger side. Seems ironic, but the drivers side was the one the dealer replaced and they swore they were aimed properly. Looks like I might have to start second guessing or double checking the dealers work. Hate to think that I can't trust the dealership that I take my vehicle to.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Tigger-

at 8' away & 1 1/2" higher..Now at the proper distance of 25' that amount is gonna be considerably higher yet... Possibly by 4 1/2" too high..

You know what I mean ?

Reason I may not get flashed very much may be my vinyl 'eye-lids'.. just a thought.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by TiggersHHR
Looks like I might have to start second guessing or double checking the dealers work. Hate to think that I can't trust the dealership that I take my vehicle to.
Gee, you mean Mr. Goodwrench might not know what he's doing? I have learned to trust what daddy always said "nobody knows nuthin". And now that GM is owned by the US Government.......(I will not ranting,I will not rant)

Quick Reply: Getting Flashed By Oncoming Vehicles