Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

GM warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 PM

GM warrenty

I just got back from the dealership, well a little bit ago, but i had been having a problem with my brakes, they shook like they were warped, so i took it in and they called me telling me it was done, same old song and dance.. well i get there and the service guy tells me that the warrenty from gm, on the brakes is only good until 12,500 miles.

Now that doesn't make sense, to me because i even got the extended warranty until 75,000 miles bumper to bumper, the sales guy even told me that the ONLY thing not covered was the clutch, and stuff for that. But since mine is an automatic, he said everything would be covered until 75,000. So I'm here asking if anyone can make some sense of this for me. Doesn't my brake warranty fall under the regular warranty? It doesn't make sense to me.

thanks

Josh
Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM

WTF is he saying?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM

I was told by my dealer it does not cover brakes, and belts, things they consider normal wear. I hope you find better luck.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by tamar0804
I was told by my dealer it does not cover brakes, and belts, things they consider normal wear. I hope you find better luck.
same here
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Well, I know Z-Man just had his brakes done under warranty and he has over 30,000 miles on his HHR?!?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM

well when i took it in, all they did was turn the rotors... and i for one have never had a set or rotors turned when they warped. well i did once, and not long after i had them turned they were messed up and shook again. Basically i dont want to have these rotors get messed up another 10,000 miles down the road, and have them tell me sorry we cant to crap about it.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM

First: You dont turn rotor, the only thing that it will do it to make them worst, they take some beef off them....

Second: If GM dont cover them, the dealership in future sake, should do something, they can find a way between the warranty line to keep a customer happy, I was a technical advisor for Harley-Davidson here, and I alway find a way(Legal) to make the customer happy, I even ask favor to my H-D rep. to help me in this way....

So how come they can do that!????

My dealership is working hand and hand with there customer, sure they are not god, but they try to helph there customer in every way they could, sure you can make every body happy. Sometime the way we are in face of the advisor or the guy himself, will do that the problem will be fix.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Had mine done at 25K. I was told the same thing by my service advisor.
I just told him it would be best to just go ahead and do it, so i don't have to call GM and have them tell him to do it. He said he would make some calls and he had it done for me. Said he "Found a loophole" . I could care less what he found as long as my brakes got fixed. Maybe you just have to be an ass right from the start. Always works for me.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
Had mine done at 25K. I was told the same thing by my service advisor.
I just told him it would be best to just go ahead and do it, so i don't have to call GM and have them tell him to do it. He said he would make some calls and he had it done for me. Said he "Found a loophole" . I could care less what he found as long as my brakes got fixed. Maybe you just have to be an ass right from the start. Always works for me.

I was saying that a positive and polite attitude alway make it way!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 PM

i try not to be an ass, but i can if i really must, this is the first time i took it in to be fixed, and didnt want them all pissed off at me.

Quick Reply: GM warrenty