Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

good news hopefully

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
ecl

good news hopefully

Just picked the car up from the dealer today and they finally heard the squeaks pops and every other noise the cars been making for awhile. They are waiting on the steering column to come in since thats what they think is the noise in the front end. The noise in the rear however they arent sure on since they folded the seats down and the noise supposable went away, and they couldnt hear the hatch noise. Over all their service department has gotten 100% better than it use to be, and since my car is sitting at 35600 just in time before the warranty is up, and they are also replacing my key fob that hasnt worked for about 6 months. All parts should be in this week and hopefully that gets rid of the noise other wise they will be doing suspension work under warranty. they said even if I drive it over 36k since I brought it up before warranty is up it will be worked on till its fixed right all under warranty. thank goodness.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 AM

That's great news!

Look, it could be worse. You could own a 2007 with 45K miles on it you bought second hand with no warranty and had squealing brakes and a noise coming from the passenger side as well :)

I had the brakes redone last week so that's good to go, but the shaking noise while driving down the highway is getting a little annoying. I think I have isolated it to the headliner problem.

But that's why they have warranties. We bought a 6 year 75K mile extended on our Venture and I can't even tell you how much more it was but it was worth every penny.

Most companies will let you extend the warranty as long as you are still within the current coverage period, and you can do it on a 1 year at time basis. So you might want to look into just extending what you have as well.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Congrats... it's like winning a battle, eh?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 AM
ecl

Originally Posted by a76marine
Congrats... it's like winning a battle, eh?
Very much so since Ive been trying to get this fix since about 20-25k. Every time I took it in they couldnt recreate the noises, so Im glad I didnt take my dads advice of "just live with it".
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
ecl

Well got it back on Tuesday after they replaced the steering column and guess what it still makes the noise. Im thinking its a strut or spring up front but they dont want to listen to me on that. They told me to take it for a few days and just see if I happen to hear the noise and this morning just like every morning its still there. Will be calling them again this afternoon and letting them know seems like this will be a problem that wont get resolved, hope they stick their word with trying to fix it till its actually fixed regardless of mileage since I brought it in before the warranty was up, since it will be over 36k this weekend.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
ecl

Well went back in and just picked it up after a day and half no change. they lubed upped the strut mounts and said they couldnt hear it take it home and over the speed bumps its still there. I dont know about taking it back in again, it would be about the fourth or fifth time its in for this noise and the third time they acctually do something about it. what would you guys do? take it in or live with it?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 AM

Tell them to read the REST of bulletin #04-03-08-006D.There are 5 other possible sources for the noise outlined in that bulletin.Good luck.