Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Headlight Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM

And to make matters even more frustrating, the headlight is working again!!!!

What worries me the most is our small town, red neck police with the Gestapo attitude. The headlight problem would be an excuse to pull over my wife.

I fully expect it not to be working tomarrow morning.

Any ideas??????

I hate to waste $21 on a bulb, plus the time of changing it in the freezing cold, just to learn that is not the solution to the problem.

Thanks!
Clove
Old 01-25-2009, 01:20 AM

Iam having this problem now on my HHR when i hit the unlock on the remote both light up but when i start the car only the passenger side one lights up. sounds like a bulb though. i never knew that when you hit the unlock button the brights are the ones that come on.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM

I had the same thing happen to mine Chad. I had a Silverstar go bad on the drivers side only 2 months after installing them. I was pretty P.O. about it. Plus was only 10 degrees outside when I had to replace it. That's when I discovered the high beams flash on when unlocking the doors. The real bummer I couldn't find the bulb sold separately and had to buy a pair. Least I have a spare now for next time.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by clovis
Anyone else having this problem?

We have an '06 with 70,000 problem free miles. It has been a great car!!!!

This is our first problem with the car.

I have noticed part of the radio lights up sometimes recently. I am wondering if this is related to the HL issue.

The driver's side low beam comes on when you use the remote unlock, but once the car is started, the headlight turns itself off.

It usually stays off, but will come back on intermittantly.

Are there TSB's that address this issue?

I hate the thought of taking it to the dealer for this repair.

Thanks!!!!!

Clove
Just as an update, our problem was simply a bad bulb.

FWIW, when the courtesy lights come on, I am certain these are high beams, and not low beams.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Technical Moderator

FWIW, DRL is not the same as low beams. It is low powered and no tail lights. This could be confusing to people and BCM's.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:46 AM

I just checked mine. After pulling the hi beam fuses I tried the unlock with the key FOB and there were no lights. After putting the fuses back in the lights worked with the FOB unlock. Also the illumination is the same with hi beams as the unlock lights, lo beams are definitely lower and less. So even though the hi beam indicator in the dash doesn't come on with a FOB unlock it is apparent that the hi beam lights come on.

DRL is hi beam lamps using low power. This has always been the case where headlights are used for DRL.