Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

HHR paint and windows pitted after dealer performed service.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Unhappy HHR paint and windows pitted after dealer performed service.

Ok so the cashier hands me the keys to my HHR after it's been serviced. It was at the dealer for 3 whole days. Before I get in I give it a good look over, passenger side is perfect black, drivers side almost looked like a metallic black. I go back, tell the service manager that it looks like the car has some overspray on it, and could they please take care of it. 15 minutes later the car comes back with the manager and proceeds to tell me that it's not overspray, but that the car is pitted/sandblasted. WTF?! I didn't bring it in like this. Guys, its ugly, all the windows on the drivers side are pitted, the windshield its pitted. Look totally sandblasted. It had to happen while it was in their possession. I've only had the car for 5 whole days and have done nothing but city driving. What do I need to do next? Do I have any recourse? I absolutely knoiw that this car was black as night on both side otherwise I would have never taken it home. I feel like I'm just going to have to swallow this one.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:06 PM

I sure wouldn't take this laying down. I'd be starting to make some serious noise ... I'd be talking to the Service Manager and the General Manager. Do they seriously think you did that kind of damage to a car in 5 days? (OK, so yes, it is technically possible, but please ...)
Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
I sure wouldn't take this laying down. I'd be starting to make some serious noise ... I'd be talking to the Service Manager and the General Manager. Do they seriously think you did that kind of damage to a car in 5 days? (OK, so yes, it is technically possible, but please ...)
Let's see, OP had the car for 5 days, and couldn't do that much damage, but the dealer only had it for 3 days and it is possible??
Old 07-03-2008, 10:39 PM

Problem is, I know it wasn't like that before I took it in. It was like that after. 5 days vs. 3 days makes no difference. It probably took minutes for the damage that happened to my vehicle. I remember taking this car home the night I bought it from the dealership amazed at how clear the windshield was. My old Xterra's windshield had a crack in it for the past 5 months. The HHR windshield is now pitted along with all the drivers side paint and windows. I don't care how it was done, but it was done while in their possession.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:54 AM

Wow....what dealer in the San Diego area...if naming names is allowed..

Cajun
Old 07-04-2008, 01:09 AM

Bob Stall
Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 AM

Man...that sucks....I would pitch a fit on somebody's desk..

Go get them.

Cajun
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 AM

Would they null this deal for another one? I just don't want this car now.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Was it in for body work? (3 days) If so, did they maybe sandblast another car nearby? and overspray with out covering your car ?(or others for that matter)
Old 07-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Top Timmy
Ok so the cashier hands me the keys to my HHR after it's been serviced. It was at the dealer for 3 whole days. Before I get in I give it a good look over, passenger side is perfect black, drivers side almost looked like a metallic black. I go back, tell the service manager that it looks like the car has some overspray on it, and could they please take care of it. 15 minutes later the car comes back with the manager and proceeds to tell me that it's not overspray, but that the car is pitted/sandblasted. WTF?! I didn't bring it in like this. Guys, its ugly, all the windows on the drivers side are pitted, the windshield its pitted. Look totally sandblasted. It had to happen while it was in their possession. I've only had the car for 5 whole days and have done nothing but city driving. What do I need to do next? Do I have any recourse? I absolutely knoiw that this car was black as night on both side otherwise I would have never taken it home. I feel like I'm just going to have to swallow this one.
I've never heard of this, weird. You should not have taken possession of the vehicle in that condition if you believe the dealer was a fault.

I had a situation on my '03 Z06 where the dealer totally screwed up the rocker moldings with only 925 miles on the car. I saw the damage, immediately reported it and refused to take the vehicle in that condition. 4 weeks and a rental car later it was fixed.

Word of advice when taking a vehicle in for service. Take a digital camera and take pictures of the vehicle in their dealership when you drop it off. Also request the service manager walk around the car as you inspect it for any damage. State you expect to receive the car in the same condition it was received.

Quick Reply: HHR paint and windows pitted after dealer performed service.