Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

i think my hhr is junk....anyone else tired of theirs

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
That`s the first time I`ve ever heard of someone doing mods of any sort to a lease veh..
That`s pretty much my point, it belongs to someone else, I shouldn`t be doing anything but driving. Like a rental.
I certainly wouldn`t put vent shades or add a lower grill, on a rental .
I agree. Why waste money doing anything to a leased vehicle. In fact most leases have language that prevents modification. A lease can be okay if it is short term and you are someone that trades often. But this leasing for 5 and 6 years makes no sense to me at all.

Out of all my cars, I leased only twice. One was three years and because I had a trade that had equity, the lease payment was really low so I jumped. The second was the car I had before my HHR. because I was coming off a lease before it, I had zero to go into a new one, so could not afford to buy but could afford a lease. That was 4 years long, much longer than I would have liked.

I lucked into zero financing on my HHR which made a purchase payment roughly the same as a lease payment so now I am out of leasing for good.

I also found that I had no desire to do anything with a leased car beyond maintenance. They never felt like "mine".
Old 06-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
I agree. Why waste money doing anything to a leased vehicle. In fact most leases have language that prevents modification. A lease can be okay if it is short term and you are someone that trades often. But this leasing for 5 and 6 years makes no sense to me at all.

Out of all my cars, I leased only twice. One was three years and because I had a trade that had equity, the lease payment was really low so I jumped. The second was the car I had before my HHR. because I was coming off a lease before it, I had zero to go into a new one, so could not afford to buy but could afford a lease. That was 4 years long, much longer than I would have liked.

I lucked into zero financing on my HHR which made a purchase payment roughly the same as a lease payment so now I am out of leasing for good.

I also found that I had no desire to do anything with a leased car beyond maintenance. They never felt like "mine".
exactly why i leased mine.....i didnt plan to nor have i made any mods that effect the vehicle...i do have neons that i installed and a stereo system that installed using the factory head unit....so all is good when my lease is up.....
3 years left on the 4 year....at 399 a month it blows .........
Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Wait...$399 a month for 4 years? I'm paying $430 a month for five years straight up purchasing mine and I had the sales tax and negative equity rolled into my payments. You got screwed, man. It's tougher to get qualified for a lease than regular financing, so the dealership was blowing smoke.

I would find another dealer to check the car out. Nothing you've mentioned is unrepairable. I had a very bad dealership experience when I had my 2000 Sonoma. The truck had a few problems that were made into many larger problems because the dealership's service department just loved "fixing" things the wrong way. I finally wound up trading the truck in before the SmartBuy was finished because they screwed up the transmission and wanted me to drive it around for a month even though I'd lost overdrive and 3rd was slipping.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Wait...$399 a month for 4 years? I'm paying $430 a month for five years straight up purchasing mine and I had the sales tax and negative equity rolled into my payments. You got screwed, man. It's tougher to get qualified for a lease than regular financing, so the dealership was blowing smoke.

I would find another dealer to check the car out. Nothing you've mentioned is unrepairable. I had a very bad dealership experience when I had my 2000 Sonoma. The truck had a few problems that were made into many larger problems because the dealership's service department just loved "fixing" things the wrong way. I finally wound up trading the truck in before the SmartBuy was finished because they screwed up the transmission and wanted me to drive it around for a month even though I'd lost overdrive and 3rd was slipping.
well im on the smart lease and after 4 years i can keep the car...or turn it in...which i will do..i do not want a car thats no longer under warranty.....in 3 years from now i plan on BUYING an Escalade so there will be no use for this POS HHR......I thought it was harder to lease than buy to but they told me i didnt qualify to purchase...oh well..i got screwed....i just needed a car at the time.......

Now my check engine light is back on and the tranny is shifting hard still.....flat out bs.....sounds like i might be better off running it off a dam road and totaling it out to get out of this dam lease
Old 06-22-2007, 06:03 AM

One way to end a Lease

Make sure you wear your seatbelt...
Old 06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slamed87lincoln
Now my check engine light is back on and the tranny is shifting hard still.....flat out bs.....sounds like i might be better off running it off a dam road and totaling it out to get out of this dam lease
Take it to another dealer and have it checked out! You can either sit around and complain about the lousy service at one place all the time or be proactive and take it somewhere else. You can also trade the car in at any time. A lease does not "lock" you in to keeping the car for the full term. You CAN trade it in as long as the residual and whatever's left on the lease gets paid off.

BTW, the 4T45 transmission in the HHR does shift a little bit harder because of the fact it's a 4-speed transmission and the gear ratios aren't very close as a result. The computer controller also has a fuzzy logic algorithm, so it'll monitor your driving habits over time and train itself to shift at different points depending on how the individual driver is running the car. If you're always mashing the accelerator, the computer is going to train itself to shift harder at higher RPMs. The computer can be reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple hours, I think.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:15 AM

I looked at the Missouri website, your state does have a lemon law.
Check out http://www.ago.mo.gov/publications/auto2.htm

Based on what you posted and what I read on the AG website, I think you have a lemon law claim. BTW, I am not an attorney!

IMHO, it is time to quit talking. I suggest you talk to an attorney that works with lemon law. Sometimes the local States Attorney General's office will let you know how to work through a lemon law claim, typically with the disclaimer that they cannot give you legal advice.

If I were in your shoes I would send of a Certified Letter, Return Receipt Requested, to GMC explaining the problems you have had, are having and request that they take the car back under Missouri Lemon Law. See what they say. If they offer to let you out of the lease and give you a free HHR for your troubles and you find that acceptable... okay now back to reality.

You will need to find out what you are entitled to if your car is deemed legally to be a lemon.

When I filed my lemon law claim against GMC, they basically told me that it was impossible; GMC never has made, does not make and never will make a lemon and that it was all my fault that my truck had problems. When my lawyer sent them the notice that I was filing suite under lemon law, GMC asked if we could work things out. I said no, see you in court. They wrote a check and I gave them their truck back. There was a lot more to what happened, I just gave an oversimplification.

My second lemon (Ford) I built my case ran it by my attorney and sent my notice to Ford. Initially they were willing to give me a refund, but then they bulked. A call from an attorney got them back on track and I got my refund.

If GMC does offer to settle, no matter what, get an attorney involved. You will be signing legal documents, the likes that not even the team of attorneys at Microsoft would understand. For instance, you maybe required to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

One final thought, whatever you do do not threaten GMC. In most places it is against the law to threaten to sue. In most instances once you threaten to sue, it pretty much closes all the doors.

Get an attorney and good luck.

-JJ
Old 06-23-2007, 10:51 AM

I think you should blow it up!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Ah, Ah, Ah....

Tireman1554, I think you have a little conflict going on, blowing up a veh. that doesn`t belong to you, could ultimately be considered insurance fraud, or theft.
Which you advocate the death penalty for...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
I think you should blow it up!
That's a brilliant solution.

Quick Reply: i think my hhr is junk....anyone else tired of theirs