Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

jumpstart ps

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:40 AM

jumpstart ps

Good morning Whopper,

First technical post/query...

Son left lights on, door open, battery drained to get wood in...

Jumped as per directed under hood. Power steering of course off now, will go check #19 fuse and the #20 60amp J case fuse (ex hubby on way to check out)

Here is my dilemma...

After the jump the "power" of acceleration is down, could only drive 20 mph?
Ex is on his way back over now to disconnect the battery from back and then restart the computer?

Anyway single Mom, Grandma, Proud American Owner of Chevy 2010 HHR Victory Red!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, a battery lobotomy may cure the issues, however the old battery may have a dead cell , have it load tested
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Technical Moderator

If you jumped per the directions the power steering would not be affected, Hooking the cables up wrong can cause lots of problems; from simply blowing the 60 amp fuse to destroying the computers.

I suspect that the Check Engine Light is on. Having the codes read would lend us some help.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM

X2 on what DonBrew says. My son jumped his HHR from the wrong spot and I was scared it might have taken out the power assist motor, luckily it merely took out the 60amp yellow fuse. I did not even think about the computer being affected. That post with the red wire attached to it next to the yellow 60 amp fuse is NOT for jump starting your HHR. BTW, that is the yellow fuse in the top left corner that popped when my son tried to jump start his HHR wrong.