Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Letter from GM for ignition lock cylinder (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/letter-gm-ignition-lock-cylinder-41009/)

pnf44 06-02-2012 07:13 AM

2009 Wouldn't turn off

I had trouble a while back with my 2009, 2LT. I got home on a Friday and could not turn the car off. Luckily, the dealer is near and they could look at right away. It sat, running for almost two hours but they changed out the cylinder, no charge.
It would have been bad any other time. It worked out well but it could have been anywhere and without a dealer in sight. I lucked out.

tntwolt 06-02-2012 10:39 AM

i got one and will make appt. also service air bag light on most time now and maybe they can catch it this time

Ron S 06-02-2012 07:21 PM

We got 2 letters one for my wife's 09 and my 10. both came Thursday. Mine was changed 4 weeks ago when I had it in for inspection and pil change. Will take my wifes soon.

ChevroletCustomerService 06-04-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by jimfet (Post 647849)
I would work with it myself, until it freed itself.

Thank you for the additional information. Do you plan to take the vehicle into the dealership to get this taken care of?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

jimfet 06-04-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService (Post 648432)
Thank you for the additional information. Do you plan to take the vehicle into the dealership to get this taken care of?

I'm going in tomorrow at 10:00.

ChevroletCustomerService 06-05-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by whitelightnin (Post 647862)
I just got the same letter. I've had trouble with mine since I've had it.

Were you able to take the vehicle in and get it taken care of yet?

ChevroletCustomerService 06-05-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by pnf44 (Post 647907)
I had trouble a while back with my 2009, 2LT. I got home on a Friday and could not turn the car off. Luckily, the dealer is near and they could look at right away. It sat, running for almost two hours but they changed out the cylinder, no charge.
It would have been bad any other time. It worked out well but it could have been anywhere and without a dealer in sight. I lucked out.

Thank you for sharing what you experienced with your vehicle and the dealership. I am glad they were able to get this taken care of at no cost to you. Are you still smooth sailing with this?

ChevroletCustomerService 06-05-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by tntwolt (Post 647938)
i got one and will make appt. also service air bag light on most time now and maybe they can catch it this time

Please, let me know how things go with the service air bag light.

ChevroletCustomerService 06-05-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ron S (Post 648002)
We got 2 letters one for my wife's 09 and my 10. both came Thursday. Mine was changed 4 weeks ago when I had it in for inspection and pil change. Will take my wifes soon.

Was yours done at no charge or do you need to submit a reimbursement form? Please, let me know how things go when you take your wife's HHR in.

BOBB 06-06-2012 04:26 PM

Cost is $110.13

When the dealer service record for the replacement of the ignition lock cylinder was added to the my.chevrolet.com web site it indicated the cost to be $110.13. Thought those of you who have to pay for the repair yourself might be interested in the cost. GM covered my replacement through program 12045.